Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 , SC brand [COMPLETED BUILD]

First he says he doesn't paint, then it turns out we got a Leonardo Decaprio on our hands here :p

Some very very fine work done my friend, very fine indeed.

BTW... will it be possible for you to post the link to the place you mentioned....Thank You !!

Good morning, Daniel! Of course. Here you go!

You'll have to scroll to find this particular boat. Don't be put off by the strange download system they have there. The files are all quite safe in my experience!

Somehow I missed the other build thread that you linked in the initial post. I'll check it out. Cheers!

-Gregory

Raining Saturday.

Took out the ship from the building jig and cut the ribs.

Sanded the fillagree as indicated by Maarten (320 sand paper, filligree over it and a Sponge over fillagree). Perfect.

Rudder hinges not finished yet.

Well here is where I am now.

20200829_140646.jpg20200829_140540.jpg20200829_140402.jpg20200829_140146.jpg20200829_135013.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Sunday evening job.

Added the covering board onto the edge of the bulkwarks (is this the correct name).

20200831_101207.jpg20200831_101112.jpg

Then added some brass wire decorations. One was cut short from factory (have to go till the keel). So I have to place both short. Not bad either.
A long brass wire was also added along the hull. You see a piece of it at the pictures.

20200831_090625.jpg20200831_090600.jpg20200831_090538.jpg

Finish the rudder hinges. But I am not sure what I will use to keep them together. Could be a Nail if it doesn't go through the hinges hole ? Suggestions are always welcome.

20200831_090925.jpg

That's all my friends modelers.

Daniel

Looking great Daniel, however, there is one small problem with your rudder. The bottom pintle(the strap on the rudder) should be on top of the gudgeon(the strap on the hull) this would help support the rudder. You should use small nails or a piece of wire instead of eyebolts.
I am not sure what your plans show but a lot of the ships from this era had much longer pintle posts(for a lack of better word). In fact they would have a pintle with a long post on the bottom of the hull and a gudgeon at the top of the hull. The rudder would have the opposite with a pintle with a long post at the top and a gudgeon at the bottom. The choice is yours, withstanding that your arrangement as is should be changed.
If this does not make sense let me know and I can post a picture for you

Looking great Daniel, however, there is one small problem with your rudder. The bottom pintle(the strap on the rudder) should be on top of the gudgeon(the strap on the hull) this would help support the rudder. You should use small nails or a piece of wire instead of eyebolts.
I am not sure what your plans show but a lot of the ships from this era had much longer pintle posts(for a lack of better word). In fact they would have a pintle with a long post on the bottom of the hull and a gudgeon at the top of the hull. The rudder would have the opposite with a pintle with a long post at the top and a gudgeon at the bottom. The choice is yours, withstanding that your arrangement as is should be changed.

Thank you!!!

Yes, I realized too late that the bellow hinged was in the wrong position. I will live with that as I do not want to ruin the hull paint for a detail that only "a detailed" ship modeler will realize about it. The eyebolts were used for the picture.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for pointing the hinge mistake.

Concerning your other comments, please post a picture as I am lost with all the names you used.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Yes, I realized too late that the bellow hinged was in the wrong position. I will live with that as I do not want to ruin the hull paint for a detail that only "a detailed" ship modeler will realize about it.

The eyebolts are there just for the picture. That's why I posted the question.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for pointing that mistake.

Concerning your other comments, please post a picture as I am lost with all the names you used.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Ok... I went to the shop and was able to unglue the hinge. Very small distress to the hull.

Before gluing the hinge again , now in the correct position, I would like to understand all the rest. The picture will be great.

Thank you
Daniel

Hi DonRobinson.... I found what is a pintle.

Screenshot_20200831-160058_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for teaching me about those details. I will stay with what has been provided in the kit. I am not the guy that want to enter in such level of details and start to modify the kit.

Yes , I did unglue the lower hull hinged to placed it in the correct place as you suggested.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Back