May I introduce myself?

My name is Hubert Nazzaerno Winerich, and I shall go by my middle name in the forum. I am 71 years old and have been modeling since I was a child in the 1950's. I have built many models over the long years, and if God lets me keep living, I will keep building. I have a degree in history from the Univ. of West Florida, in Pensacola, Fla. where I have lived most of my life. I have enjoyed building all genres of models, and model ship building has been good part of my modeling experience. I work mainly in plastic. I 1991 I entered a national contest at the Naval Aviation Museum, in the Blue Angel Model Fest, and in the Sailing Ship Division took first place, second place, and best of show, with a 1/75th scale Imai Chebec, and a 1/75th scale Heller Liburnian Bireme Galley, beating all the other ships, no matter what genre. I worked hard for over a year to make those ships beautiful and accurate, put them in nice cases surrounded by beautiful leather work with their description and their builder. I was surprised at such high honor, and the Chebec sat in Capt. Rasmussens office for a month after the contest. I became a judge for the contest for the next two years. I was also a volunteer at the museum with the great job of answering the correspondence to the museum on Naval History, and I also helped the set up the great library that is there today. I have built many modern Naval ships and have sold several in this Navy town. I'm going to build a Heller La Reale de France next and look forward to speaking to other ship builders. I think that's enough, ask anything you wish. Thank you for letting me join this forum. Nazzareno.

Welcome aboard SOS, Nazzareno! We are all glad you join us! I will not hide, we would love to see your models, the contest winners at least: a 1/75th scale Imai Chebec, and a 1/75th scale Heller Liburnian Bireme Galley. If you don't mind to share the photos of them, that would be great!! We love photos (the most) ;)
Also, you may consider showing Heller's La Reale de France in your own build log while you will build her. We are positive, an experienced modeler as you can show us some work we all can learn from, or... there is a chance you may learn from us. Most importantly, have fun!

Welcome on board Nazzareno! It would be wonderful to see your prize winning models and a log of your next build, to learn how to build models which win the contests.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I can only repeat the words from Jim - please show your models - it would be great to see your work with the final results and also the way in a building log.
Happy that you have found our forum

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I can only repeat the words from Jim - please show your models - it would be great to see your work with the final results and also the way in a building log.
Happy that you have found our forum
I thank you for your warm welcome to this forum. I have every intention of showing you all photos of my two ships that I was so lucky to win First, Second, and best of show in the 1991 Blue Angels Modelfest at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida, my home. Please be patient, as I live in a long term care facility because I am a diabetic with high blood pressure, that God seemed to think I needed to be bothered with when I turned 70. Just down the road from this facility was a famous hobby shop called Bobe's that I've had an association with since I was 10 years old. Unfortunately they went out of business just last month, and on a whim, I bought a Hellers 1/75th scale La Reale de France, for a very good price, since I grew up with the owner of the shop. I have owned this model previously, along with a set of plans from a museum in France, also in 1/75th, but I Ebayed them both 15 years ago, when I was in my modern naval ship building phase, building the 6 aircraft carriers my father has served on (plus many others.) I am looking for those plans again and joined this forum to seek help in obtaining them, which I will need, especially to rig the ship and for small details. I am seriously thinking of manning the ship with a complete rowing crew (400 plus) plus Louis XIV and retinue and the naval crew. I will need help with finding these figures, also. Any help on researching the Reale would be greatly appreciated. My Alma Mater, the Univ. of West Florida is also just up the road, and I plan to use the huge library there for much of my research. I will keep all apprised of what I find. I have another thing to ask, to anyone who might like to help. In my stash is a small Heller ship in 1/150th called La Tartane. While researching La Reale, I would like to construct this tiny ship, to resharpen the blade, so to speak, but I know nothing about this ship, and any help with this tiny dancer would be appreciated. Of course I just can't make this out of the box, there's much more to this little ship that promises a lot of fun. My two award winners are at my best friends house, and I will see him soon to arrange a photo session, as I'm very proud of them and want to share them with you. I hope I'm not asking too much. Thanks, Nazzareno.

I thank you for your warm welcome to this forum. I have every intention of showing you all photos of my two ships that I was so lucky to win First, Second, and best of show in the 1991 Blue Angels Modelfest at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida, my home. Please be patient, as I live in a long term care facility because I am a diabetic with high blood pressure, that God seemed to think I needed to be bothered with when I turned 70. Just down the road from this facility was a famous hobby shop called Bobe's that I've had an association with since I was 10 years old. Unfortunately they went out of business just last month, and on a whim, I bought a Hellers 1/75th scale La Reale de France, for a very good price, since I grew up with the owner of the shop. I have owned this model previously, along with a set of plans from a museum in France, also in 1/75th, but I Ebayed them both 15 years ago, when I was in my modern naval ship building phase, building the 6 aircraft carriers my father has served on (plus many others.) I am looking for those plans again and joined this forum to seek help in obtaining them, which I will need, especially to rig the ship and for small details. I am seriously thinking of manning the ship with a complete rowing crew (400 plus) plus Louis XIV and retinue and the naval crew. I will need help with finding these figures, also. Any help on researching the Reale would be greatly appreciated. My Alma Mater, the Univ. of West Florida is also just up the road, and I plan to use the huge library there for much of my research. I will keep all apprised of what I find. I have another thing to ask, to anyone who might like to help. In my stash is a small Heller ship in 1/150th called La Tartane. While researching La Reale, I would like to construct this tiny ship, to resharpen the blade, so to speak, but I know nothing about this ship, and any help with this tiny dancer would be appreciated. Of course I just can't make this out of the box, there's much more to this little ship that promises a lot of fun. My two award winners are at my best friends house, and I will see him soon to arrange a photo session, as I'm very proud of them and want to share them with you. I hope I'm not asking too much. Thanks, Nazzareno.

Tartane Heller:

Maybe this monograph will help - if you have access via the library - I guess you can also order for lend such plansets

Javier built already in small scale a scratch Tartane

and also the Monograph of the Gemma could help you, here I did not make any planset review - but asap I will do

Hellers 1/75th scale La Reale de France:

My two award winners are at my best friends house, and I will see him soon to arrange a photo session, as I'm very proud of them and want to share them with you. I hope I'm not asking too much. Thanks, Nazzareno.
Would be great to see these models ....

Welcome aboard. I too am 70 - soon to be 71 - and modeling since the 50s. It keeps us young at heart if not of age. I was told many years ago that growing old we have no control over, but growing up we do, so never grow up!!!

My name is Hubert Nazzaerno Winerich, and I shall go by my middle name in the forum. I am 71 years old and have been modeling since I was a child in the 1950's. I have built many models over the long years, and if God lets me keep living, I will keep building. I have a degree in history from the Univ. of West Florida, in Pensacola, Fla. where I have lived most of my life. I have enjoyed building all genres of models, and model ship building has been good part of my modeling experience. I work mainly in plastic. I 1991 I entered a national contest at the Naval Aviation Museum, in the Blue Angel Model Fest, and in the Sailing Ship Division took first place, second place, and best of show, with a 1/75th scale Imai Chebec, and a 1/75th scale Heller Liburnian Bireme Galley, beating all the other ships, no matter what genre. I worked hard for over a year to make those ships beautiful and accurate, put them in nice cases surrounded by beautiful leather work with their description and their builder. I was surprised at such high honor, and the Chebec sat in Capt. Rasmussens office for a month after the contest. I became a judge for the contest for the next two years. I was also a volunteer at the museum with the great job of answering the correspondence to the museum on Naval History, and I also helped the set up the great library that is there today. I have built many modern Naval ships and have sold several in this Navy town. I'm going to build a Heller La Reale de France next and look forward to speaking to other ship builders. I think that's enough, ask anything you wish. Thank you for letting me join this forum. Nazzareno.
Hallo Hubert,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back