Mini Golden Hind

I just completed the mini kit Golden Hind. This was a commissioned build. The kit was designed for beginners so it didn't supply many of the needed materials that a full size kit includes. The kit supplied beads for deadeyes and were replaced with 3mm for the lower and 2.5 mm for the upper deadeyes. No blocks were supplied for rigging, I used 2mm and 3mm singles. One spool of gold colored rigging line was given, I used 5 different sized line in total for standing and running rigging. The colored paintings for the fore and stern sections was very good. I cut them out and glued the wood elements to them instead of the drawn on pieces shown. I included furled sails and stained them with dark tea. This was a fun build and a break from the larger San Felipe type ships I'm used to.

Nice job Dave.
I'm about to start the same kit.
It says it's 1:110 scale, but I actually think it's smaller.
If it's indeed smaller, then it should be the same size as the plastic Revell 1:110 scale model (which I'd like to get my hands on for comparison sake).
Would you mind if I ask you what diameter threads you used?
As well as what did you use for belaying pins (did use use the kit supplied gold pins?)

Back