Mini hand planer

Can you recommend a good quality hand planer for shaping wood strips? I was looking at a Stanley hand planer, as I thought the replacement blades would be easier to get than one of the more expensive planes.

I bought mine at Amazon, was also worried because of replacement blades, but at that price, I thought I'd buy a new one (comes together with 10 blades) ;)
Its great for wood strips, I also use it on the masts to tapper them

These are mine. The left one is a Stanley, the right one is a Veritas. I use them both regularly. The blades can be sharpened many, many times and should last the average user a lifetime. The veritas plane is 1/2 the size of the stanley but is cast metal and weighs about the same. The blade is also on a slightly lower angle than the stanley which can sometimes be an advantage with unruly grain. Great for very small work. I think I use the Stanley more though as it "fits my hand" a bit better.

zReqDg1.jpg

These came as a set. I don't use them much. They are a bit larger and heavier. The one on the right is actually a scraper and I do use that one some for initial work, removing the glue and really rough edges.

l4B6zFM.jpg

EJ

I've got a set to sell (similar to those in Kalliboot's post) if someone is interested.
János

Wouldn't hurt to know the cost of getting them shipped. Thanks
Being more old school and loving wood the appearance and feel of the wood plane is more appealing to me but function is the bottom line and with time and wear I wonder how long a wood plane would be true? PT-2

Being more old school and loving wood the appearance and feel of the wood plane is more appealing to me but function is the bottom line and with time and wear I wonder how long a wood plane would be true? PT-2
On a bit larger size here is a small rabbet plane that I used long ago when building my first one design class Bluejay for learning to race. Worked very well for the curves of the bow stem while a larger 12 inch plane for most of the keel. Oversized for model ship builds but I keep it handy in case something comes along where I may try it. PT-2Rabbet Plane.jpg

Back