Miniature Canoes in their natural environment.

Well I can confirm that my canoes float.
Part of the fleet was launched today during a short outing to a nearby lake. The water was perfect...
Canoe # 4 would likely have been alright, but I decided it was not quite ready to be launched as the finish needs to cure for a few more days.
Anyways, here are a few photos of the canoes ready to go... time to throw in some life jackets and paddle to explore the shoreline of Pubnico lake in Southwest Nova Scotia :cool:.

_DSC2801 aa.jpg

_DSC2814 aa.jpg

_DSC2818 aa.jpg

_DSC2830 aa.jpg

It was fun ...

Does't everyone want to build one of those?

G

Back at the lake for another photo session today...
This time, the whole fleet of 4 canoes.

_DSC2968 aa.jpg

_DSC2957 aa.jpg

_DSC2992 aa.jpg

Sorry! Some may get tired of seeing this of vessels.

G

Gilles, you selected a nice bank location with the vegetation just visible in the background. Still very calm water. Excellent photos of the canoes. PT-2
Thank you Richard,
Have to pick a time when there is no wind at all and at this time of year the water is quite low. The previous set of photos was taken at a different location (same lake). I came out of it pretty clean as the shore was gravel. The last location was a different story: to get the camera down to "almost water level" requires laying down on a muddy shore.

They are so realistic - very good work
WOW
Just amazing, Gilles! You are a great craftsman and shipwright!

Thank you Uwe and Jim,
Glad you like them.

G.

Thank you Richard,
Have to pick a time when there is no wind at all and at this time of year the water is quite low. The previous set of photos was taken at a different location (same lake). I came out of it pretty clean as the shore was gravel. The last location was a different story: to get the camera down to "almost water level" requires laying down on a muddy shore.

Thank you Uwe and Jim,
Glad you like them.

G.
True photographers will go to amazing lengths to get the right shot . . . location and time are a huge factor as Ansel Adams proved. PT-2

Back