Missing kit parts?

I think perhaps we could add a way to rate our satisfaction with the various manufacturers. Perhaps quality of parts, responsiveness to enquiries, quality of plans and instructions.

I think perhaps we could add a way to rate our satisfaction with the various manufacturers. Perhaps quality of parts, responsiveness to enquiries, quality of plans and instructions.
Personalized reactions are relative to each person and what may be acceptable to one may be not acceptable to another. It is like Olympic figure skating judging where there are very different reactions to watching the same skater. Good idea but hard to define unless it is a total disaster of some type. Just a thought. Rich (PT-2)

Personalized reactions are relative to each person and what may be acceptable to one may be not acceptable to another. It is like Olympic figure skating judging where there are very different reactions to watching the same skater. Good idea but hard to define unless it is a total disaster of some type. Just a thought. Rich (PT-2)
I'm thinking it would work like it does on Amazon, a rating system enforced by the members. Enough members click on a rating and you should have a reasonable aggregate.

That is a good generalized averaging system. The Administrators may consider your idea. Why not PM to Zolly? Rich
I'm thinking it would work like it does on Amazon, a rating system enforced by the members. Enough members click on a rating and you should have a reasonable aggregate.

The best rate of satisfaction for the manufacturer is the kit purchase history ;) From the SOS perspective, we are trying to review the kits available on the market and give an objective opinion for the review, even though it is subjective by the reviewer. We have a large collection of 'Kits review', sure, it is far from complete, but we are updating as we can. Not all of the manufactures can send their kits for review. This is why we ask our members to make a review once they purchase their kits. :) If you purchase the kit, ask yourself: when will I make a kit review? Well...you better do it before starting the build log. You bet It might help others to make their decision.
...and speaking about the build logs from kits. Those are not just a collection of images, they are an invaluable source of information to rate the kit and its contents.

The best rate of satisfaction for the manufacturer is the kit purchase history ;) From the SOS perspective, we are trying to review the kits available on the market and give an objective opinion for the review, even though it is subjective by the reviewer. We have a large collection of 'Kits review', sure, it is far from complete, but we are updating as we can. Not all of the manufactures can send their kits for review. This is why we ask our members to make a review once they purchase their kits. :) If you purchase the kit, ask yourself: when you will make a kit review? It might help others to make their decision.
Jimsky, totally agree and support your comment. I also think a rating system (1-5 stars with Pros and Cons) of each build might help greatly of kit selection and company go with. I know when I purchased the HMS Victory by Mantua/Parart 738, the picture of the stern was completely different than the product received. One of the administrators stated that the 738 was a very old kit and most likely had been modified over the years. I wasn't very happy with the modifications and using the original pictures of the finished product on the box. Bait and switch. I did call it out in my build logs.

Back