Model Airways Albatros - D.va 1/16 scale

Currently awaiting a spot on the assembly line is a plastic kit of the DVII, scale 1:48. Would love to have a Fokker DVII kit, similar to the Camel and the Albatross, but alas, it's not to be...
You never know, thus far Model Airways had made the Albatros, Eindecker and Fokker Dr1. They may eventually add the Fokker DVII... ;)

Dean, Dean ... I thought the NL was next! ROTF Whilst you are obviously enjoying your time in the hangar, I am still waiting at the shipyard.
Heinrich, you'll have to understand the hangar is definitely more important than a shipyard. So you better hurry and get to the hangar ASAP.

Hi Dean,
Could you reserve me a front row seat for this build log as well?

And I will look forward to when you start this too ....

View attachment 309376
Hi Piero! Welcome aboard! Not sure when I will start the Albatros D.Va itself?
Currently the Norske Love is sitting on my work table, awaiting motivation to finish the large amount of unplanked hull!

After looking at the P38 Lightning kit, it will require a lot of embellishments! For the scale, 1/16, it is not as detailed as I had hoped! ;)
It is my plan to skin the entire airplane with aluminum panels and rivets. So unfortunately the airframe will be structural only. ;)

After looking at the P38 Lightning kit, it will require a lot of embellishments! For the scale, 1/16, it is not as detailed as I had hoped! ;)
It is my plan to skin the entire airplane with aluminum panels and rivets. So unfortunately the airframe will be structural only. ;)
Hi Dean and thanks for your reply!

Talking about the P-38 I'm seriously intend to buy this kit, and my question is: the structure (yellow?) That we see in the photo is it made of wood or painted plastic ...? I already done it in a 1/48 plastic scale with the colors of the Italian Air Force (1945-1955). Because I love this plane ...
p38l_ami.jpg

Dean, amazing painting job !!!!

When I see these wooden airplane kit I am always wondering if they are difficult to built. I will follow your thread to see how you build it.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Dean and thanks for your reply!

Talking about the P-38 I'm seriously intend to buy this kit, and my question is: the structure (yellow?) That we see in the photo is it made of wood or painted plastic ...? I already done it in a 1/48 plastic scale with the colors of the Italian Air Force (1945-1955). Because I love this plane ...
View attachment 310090
Hi Piero, It is a wooden kit, only the silver panels are plastic. The cockpit is not very good and will need to be embellished! ;)

I may go back to the Norske Love, I am undecided at this point.
I wanted to build the 1/16 figure of the Red Baron, and it will be part of the Albatros D.Va build, to be displayed with it. So I decided to start the log of the Albatros D.Va now, to begin with the figure.
Perhaps I will go back and forth from the airplane to the ship? ;)
Looking forward to an update on the Norske Love, great work:)

Back