Model Expo Confederacy [Completed Build]

Had been waiting for Part 3 of the Granado kit to come out a while back and started the Model Expo Confederacy while waiting. I had posted earlier on their great customer support providing a few missing parts and the very instructive and complete manual. I have basically finished as much as I am going to do on this kit and wanted once again to compliment Model Expo on the quality of the instructions and the fact that there is a ton of material (both wood strips, laser cut parts, and PE) left over after the build. The only thing I haven't completed is the second small boat (pinnace), although that is almost complete as well. I also surrendered on the effort fully rig the ships guns. Just too fiddly for me. DSCF1174.JPGDSCF1175.JPGDSCF1176.JPGDSCF1177.JPGDSCF1179.JPGDSCF1180.JPGDSCF1181.JPGDSCF1183.JPGDSCF1184.JPG
I have seen the fantastic photos that Werner has posted of his build of this kit, I can't hope to approach his level of precision and almost embarrassed to post the photos of mine but I am pretty happy with the outcome and wanted folks to see how the kit looks when completed by a mere mortal:)
Again, the instruction manual is full of helpful build tips, something that I think is very lacking in other company kits. The section on spiling the hull planking strips was a real revelation. Anyway, this kit provided months of fun and satisfying build and I can't recommend it strongly enough for a builder with just a little bit of experience.

DSCF1182.JPG

A little bit of waiting time and a complete such a model in so short time period?????
and such a quality

BRAVO my friend

so the Granado III.rd part arrived in the meantime, so I hopw to see your updates there

still can not believe in which speed you are working....

Nice work, I am thinking of this kit as my next project
Thanks. I enjoyed the kit a lot, impressed by the instruction manual and the materials. A lot of fun to build. Only part I really didn't like was working the head timbers at the bow. You have to do a lot of 3D shaping, not my strong suit. Gave up on the blocks and tackle on the guns, just too small for my mitts.

A little bit of waiting time and a complete such a model in so short time period?????
and such a quality

BRAVO my friend

so the Granado III.rd part arrived in the meantime, so I hopw to see your updates there

still can not believe in which speed you are working....
Uwe, thanks very much. Appreciate the feedback. I have to work on being more precise.

Back