Model Magazines

Today on the way home the Admiral and I stopped at a nearby shopping centre and had a coffee (with donuts). After coffee I went into the newsagent next door while the Admiral answered a call.
It took me a good number of minutes to find a magazine relating to model boats, so I decided to count all the model magazines on display, there were 39 mags. on the rack.
Of those 39, three related to model boats, the balance was made up of model airplanes (largest) then model railway then model engineering the RC cars, there were actually more RC car mags than boat mags.
In the various genre's, model airplanes 90% are British mags the rest are from the US with one Australian mag. Model railway is about 50/50 with one Australian, Model engineer I think was all British, RC cars, I didn't take notice, although I have two cars myself.
Price of the magazines range from about AU$8.00+ to over AU$ 20.00 in some instances it is cheaper to buy a pack of smokes than a magazine (I don't smoke)
Side note We have a very very high alcohol and tobacco tax in this country supposedly to stop underage smoking and binge drinking, didn't work.

The other day I came across a magazine of mine that had been damp for a very long time, it was musty and disintegrating. Inside was part of a multi-part article on period ships. Today flicking through a magazine the only thing I saw relating to period ships was a picture of a ship taken from the stern and saying "This is Joe Blows magnificent model of ....." could have been any ship model and could not make out anything, the picture was the size of a postage stamp!

So in passing T G F A S L T , Thank Goodness For A Site Like This !!

Excuse the ramble but it is a chest thing.
Regards
Eric

Back