Model Shipways “Yellow Box”

Does anybody know when Model Shipways stopped using their signature yellow boxes? I know they still used them in the early 1970s. I ask because recently I got a yellow box kit off of EBay and I trying to figure out approximately how old it may be.

Kurt

Zoltan,

I know it was quite awhile before that, my guess is maybe the 1980s. I was just trying to narrow it down a bit.

Kurt

Check the address- ZIP codes were introduced in 1963, but weren't mandatory until 1967. Also, at some time model shipways moved from New Jersey to Florida- I don't know when.

I personally was at the Bogata store in ‘76, And the yellow boxes were still being used. The plans are copyrighted 1964, so it’s after that, it was probably when model expo bought them which I’m not sure when that was. Then they moved to Mt Pocono, Pa again I forget when. If I SWAG it I’m thinking maybe early 1980’s. It not important just trying to approximate the kits age.

Kurt

Does anybody know when Model Shipways stopped using their signature yellow boxes? I know they still used them in the early 1970s. I ask because recently I got a yellow box kit off of EBay and I trying to figure out approximately how old it may be.

Kurt
Hallo Kurt,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back