Model Shipways 1778 Fair American 1:48 , by Fritz

It’s hard to tell which end of the carriage for the gun is narrower…the front or the back. I believe it should be the front. I made the mistake on my black Pearl of doing it backwards.

WDO

following your build, keep posting and its looking good.

It’s hard to tell which end of the carriage for the gun is narrower…the front or the back. I believe it should be the front. I made the mistake on my black Pearl of doing it backwards.
True. The white metal had letters F and A front and aft. Really not much difference. So I built the carriage with just a small angle but they are oriented correctly

The wood strips across the top of the ribs was to stabilize the frame for sanding a eventually planking. Will remove for the decking.

Thanks. Not an easy kit to follow. You have to rely on past experience and trying to look at different plans that might show the area I’m working on from a different view. Sometimes to look for pictures on line.

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Started this Fair American kit. Need to take it slow and cross check different parts of the plans as one part is not clear but can see or interpret from other drawings and a leap of faith.
Hallo @Fritz
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake