MODEL SHIPWAYS USS CONSTITUTION 1:76 SCALE

I collected my next project today and thought I would share a few photos as I checking the contents.
I'm very surprised that nobody has done a review of this kit yet as I expected it to be very popular.

IMG_20220202_150936~2.jpg

IMG_20220202_151409~2.jpg
IMG_20220202_151602.jpg
IMG_20220202_151853.jpg
IMG_20220202_151909.jpg
IMG_20220202_151743~2.jpg
IMG_20220202_151730~2.jpg
As I want to keep the bags sealed the photos are from the top and bottom.

IMG_20220202_152347.jpg
IMG_20220202_152651.jpg
IMG_20220202_152610.jpg
IMG_20220202_152854.jpg
IMG_20220202_153004.jpg
All the parts look to be very well cut only one issue was one of the sheets had split breaking a small part this can be easily be fixed.

IMG_20220202_154007~3.jpg
There are 8 sheets of plans they look very well detailed far better than the last ones I've worked with. I'll judge the instructions when I start the model.
If all goes to plan I should be ready to start this build in June. I'll be building it out of the box, I think it will be challenging enough without making any changes.

Glad to see this. I have this kit as well, but it isn't the one I am working on yet. My opinion of the instructions is that they are too general. But I suppose if one is tackling this kit, then one should be already familiar with the basics. Also, the plans are pretty good from what I saw. I just wish the kit came with sails.

Tony H, I recently picked up this kit as well. Once my Endurance is finished I plan on jumping into the USS Constitution with both feet!
Thank you for showing everyone the kit contents. I was very impressed with how it's packaged and the quality of the contents!

I don't have the kit yet, I do have the cross section of this ship.

If your looking for more guidance, you might check Lauck Street shipyard's web site, as Bob Hunt has a good practicum of this ships kit and how to build it.

You can get a sample of the practicum from him I believe for no charge.

He is a member of the SoS, but I don't remember his login name.

I don't have the kit yet, I do have the cross section of this ship.

If your looking for more guidance, you might check Lauck Street shipyard's web site, as Bob Hunt has a good practicum of this ships kit and how to build it.

You can get a sample of the practicum from him I believe for no charge.

He is a member of the SoS, but I don't remember his login name.
Kurt, that is a great suggestion! I had forgotten about Lauk Street Shipyard and Bob Hunt!

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations I'll check out the practicum there's a lot of good comments for Bob Hunt's work. I'm itching to get started on this kit but will wait till the other one's finished so I've got plenty of time to plan and go through the instructions- drawings.

I bought his college set which covers a group of ships, and slowing working to buy kits to go with the practicums.

This kit is still on my wish list, as wish I had the kit and wish I had the money to buy one.

But I have others to keep me busy and learn from till then.

I bought his college set which covers a group of ships, and slowing working to buy kits to go with the practicums.

This kit is still on my wish list, as wish I had the kit and wish I had the money to buy one.

It is not for the faint of heart. I would almost call it a scratch build. I have the kit but haven't started it yet, but I did study it and that is my conclusion.

I started mine but I placed it on standby. It taught me that my skill level had faded from almost 15 years of not having built a ship model. It is too nice of a kit to run the chance of screwing it up. I decided to order La Belle Poule to tweak up my talents before heading back to work on my Connie. Good luck with yours. It is not for the faint of heart.

Reg

The college set looks very good lots of extra kits covered for not much more than the constitution plus rigging guide. I have had my eye on this kit since Model Expo first release it, I was extremely lucky as I found this one on Facebook. To buy a new one from ME it would cost more for the shipping than the model, I feel sorry for the manufacturers as the shipping costs must stop a lot of people buying stuff.

It is not for the faint of heart. I would almost call it a scratch build. I have the kit but haven't started it yet, but I did study it and that is my conclusion.
I started mine but I placed it on standby. It taught me that my skill level had faded from almost 15 years of not having built a ship model. It is too nice of a kit to run the chance of screwing it up. I decided to order La Belle Poule to tweak up my talents before heading back to work on my Connie. Good luck with yours. It is not for the faint of heart.

Reg
Reg, Ship building is not for the impatient. Taking your time to get back in the swing of things is a smart choice!
I must admit this is going to be more complex than anything else I've built before. Originally my next build was going to be the Endeavour but when I saw the constitution I decided to sell my Endeavour and get the Constitution I hope I made a good choice.

I SEE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR CONSTITUTIOKN BUILDING LOGS,
HERE IS A GOOD ONE:

Happy Building on the Constitution. This is my "dream" build and I hope to purchase and build it sometime in the future.

Happy Building on the Constitution. This is my "dream" build and I hope to purchase and build it sometime in the future.
Hi Jeff if everything went to plan I would have started this kit by now but we have decided to move house next year, downsize and go interstate. This means bringing forward some renovation projects and get the house ready to put on the market. So I've stopped working on the Unicorn till the other projects around the house are finished. I don't know if I'll start the Constitution before we move maybe I'll just make some of the smaller subassemblies like the deck fittings and the life boats as these will be easy to pack away for the move.

Hi Jeff if everything went to plan I would have started this kit by now but we have decided to move house next year, downsize and go interstate. This means bringing forward some renovation projects and get the house ready to put on the market. So I've stopped working on the Unicorn till the other projects around the house are finished. I don't know if I'll start the Constitution before we move maybe I'll just make some of the smaller subassemblies like the deck fittings and the life boats as these will be easy to pack away for the move.
Good luck with your housing plans. The housing market in the US is currently crazy but beginning to show some signs of stabilizing in my area (houses are taking a week or so to sell instead of 2 days and they are selling for less over the asking price than they were last year).

Back