Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

I am starting a new project. The same customer provided me with a job again.
This will be the VICTORI model by Deagostini magazines.
The project is long-term, therefore, for a long time.
I will try to make a decent model out of it.
So, let's begin.IMG_20210804_205731_189.jpgIMG_20210804_205731_211.jpg

Saha, many thanks for starting your build log. I am planning to sit near Jan, but afraid, I don't have my rocking chair (I never have one, though) :p
Dima, and you and Jan are changing. Use the chair in turn.

I hope everyone is comfortable in the auditorium. Is it Yana's turn on the rocking chair today?
Then let's continue: I assembled the frame. I installed all the frames on the keel frame and laid the first false deck. There is no need to do flooring on it, because it will not be visible at all. Ahead of me, according to the plan, is filling the space with linden bars. As it turned out in Moscow, it is not so easy to find linden boards on the construction market. But I was lucky. There is a lot of work ahead.IMG_20210805_211828_078.jpg
In this photo below, you can see that the keel is slightly curved. But this is due to the lack of rigidity of this design.
IMG_20210805_211828_097.jpg
After installing the false deck, the hull became stronger.
IMG_20210805_211828_134.jpg

Great start, Sasha. I don't know if it is the image angle or shadows, but, I hate to say, keelplate looks bent.

View attachment 248334
Genaro, it is. I wrote about this in a post right above the photo. The hull is long and the keel frame is loose. After installing the deck, it leveled off. And in addition to this, I will fill in the spacing with linden bars. So there will be no curvature in the future.

Саша, а на самой верхней фотке неплохо смотрится корабль в темной гамме. Интересно, каким деревом можно было бы это обыграть? Видимо, только орех? Не очень я его люблю...
Хотя, о чем это я, там же должна быть медь.
Впрочем, для кораблей без меди вопрос остается

Sasha, on the topmost photo the ship looks nice in dark tones. I wonder what kind of wood could be used to get this look? Probably walnut is the only choice? I don't really like it...

Although, what I'm talking about, there must be copper there.

However, for ships without copper, the question remains

I wanted to get this model, but it shows out of stock and they are not replying to my inquiry.
Good luck on your build, I will keep an eye out.

Back