Morel-Master Korabel-1:36 [COMPLETED BUILD]

While I did not do an actual build log, I thought I'd post the finished model.
This was a "Fun" kit from Master Korabel that I had sitting on a shelf collecting dust. While waiting for the inspiration for my next build I decided to build this one.
I must say the materials in this kit were first rate and would not hesitate to build another from Master Korabel.
Yes, this was an actual vessel built in 1720-1721 in the Galley yard in Saint Petersburg.

Box.jpg
Box art

Vessel.jpg

My finished model

Simply beautiful work Ron! Since @Dematosdg Daniel built this model, I have been in love with it. You can be very well pleased with your efforts anbd I am glad that you like the Master Korabel kit - they are very good!

Simply beautiful work Ron! Since @Dematosdg Daniel built this model, I have been in love with it. You can be very well pleased with your efforts anbd I am glad that you like the Master Korabel kit - they are very good!

Heinrich, I built the Chinese kit that is exactly as the 1:1 scale Russian museum repro model. It is different than the Master Korabel kit.

Post in thread 'EFIM NIKONOV 1721 [COMPLETED BUILD]' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/efim-nikonov-1721-completed-build.5475/post-114838

Ron, very nice built !!! Congrats !!!

Cheers !!

A simple barrel is a complex object to build at the best of times. You have done a very nice job of the planks with taper and bevel. Did you jig this or fit individually?

A simple barrel is a complex object to build at the best of times. You have done a very nice job of the planks with taper and bevel. Did you jig this or fit individually?
Thanks Peter.
It was done one plank at a time. The planks were laser cut and had the taper. Most fit without changing the taper and I did bevel them individually to try to get a good close fit between the planks. Planking was a long process glueing on at a time as I used PVA and not CA.

While I did not do an actual build log, I thought I'd post the finished model.
This was a "Fun" kit from Master Korabel that I had sitting on a shelf collecting dust. While waiting for the inspiration for my next build I decided to build this one.
I must say the materials in this kit were first rate and would not hesitate to build another from Master Korabel.
Yes, this was an actual vessel built in 1720-1721 in the Galley yard in Saint Petersburg.

View attachment 354258
Box art

View attachment 354259
My finished model
Good morning Ron. That is fantastic. Cheers Grant

Back