Moving House

I have not been very active on this site for a few months because I have been selling my house and buying a new one. There has been no end of problems with my solicitor and the buyers solicitor and things have dragged on for 3 months but a last the buyer is signing a contract today and we will counter sign at the end of the week and we will then be moving out. Most of our stuff is now packed into boxes. The house we were moving to is at the other end of our village and is currently empty so we had hoped we could in move in fairly quickly. Our solicitor has now told us that there is a major problem with the title deeds of the new house. It is only 2 years old and is classed as a "New Build" and the land it is built on is still registered to the original land owner not the house owner. The house owner only applied to Land Registry to have the deeds changed a couple of months ago and with New Builds it can take up to 2 years to sort out. Our solicitor has advised us to pull out of the purchase and find somewhere else, so we are now looking for somewhere else to move to. In the meantime we are now going to have to rent somewhere for a few months which means putting some of our stuff into storage as well. This whole thing has been a nightmare and if I mention anything about moving house in the future please tie me up and put me in dark locked room for a few days until I come to my senses,
Cheers Andy

Hallo Andy,
sorry to hear about your nightmare - hope that everything will end in a good way Thumbsup

Back