Musée national de la Marine - 2016

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

several hundred photos in a video of the Musée national de la Marine - long video showing great models

the photos are from the year 2016, before they started the renovation of the museum

also interesting (shorter)

Here you can find a report showing the new style of the museum after the renovation - as I know, it will be next year reopened

Me personally I like the "old style" more, because I pretty sure, that the numbers of model in exhibition will be reduced

My wife and I went to Paris in 2017 and I very much wanted to see the museum, both for pleasure and research for my novels...alas, it was closed.

Great museum but did need an update. Seemed very choppy from what I remember. The location doesn't get any better. After visiting pick up an Armor Lux Breton shirt someplace!

Finally! It was originally scheduled to open in the spring of 2022 and I attempted to visit it for research into my book series. I missed seeing it the last time in 1917 by just weeks but maybe it's time for another trip abroad? As a note of interest for those who've read my books, the next one, On Waves of Glory, is at the publisher and should be out within a month or two. It's mostly about the life of French Captain Guy de Kersaint, the first captain of the frigate la Renommée.

Last edited:
The "Musèe national de la Marine" in Paris will reopen on Friday, November 17, 2023. All the more reason to go to Paris and perhaps take a look at your dream model.

Kind regards
Thomas
I really hope, that they still have these outstanding contemporary models in exhibition - and not in a cellar

royale_louis_4.png

The Royal Louis in scale 1:18

I don't think they gonna hide Royal Louis. They showed him couple of times recent videos on on youtube channel

My point was not related only to this model, but also to all other important contemporary models.
Often, when museum are modernized, they also change the content of exhibitions in such a way, that they focus more to modern and active information ("press here" and than something is moving or a video is shown) and reduce the space for the "static" models, which are boring for 90% of the visitors.......

I read somewhere the last exposition in Paris musee was reduced too, lets hope they managed to restore and show more models

The Musée National de la Marine in Paris reopened finaly appr. 10 days ago

During the next visit of the beautiful city of Paris minimum one day should be reserved for the "new" museum

Attachments

• pre_press_kit_opening_of_the_museum_in_Paris.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 11
Back