Museo Naval, Madrid Spain - March 2022

magnificent effort (both the photography and the quality of modelling.

any idea about the history of that metal armoured single gun boat that reminds me of a Dutch clog?

Hi Steven, thanks for the stunning photos. I visited the museum a good 50 years ago. At that time, however, I did not build models. I am particularly interested in the photo where a model made by Barcelos is partly visible. Is there a photo where it is completely visible ? I would be very interested in it. Thank you very much.

I apologize for the image diarrhea that I have just posted, editing is not my strong suit.

As I come from the days of film photography I have pursued my life long hobby of photography with the philosophy that each picture has to count.

Nowadays with the advances in phone photography, despite missing some special lenses, I am perfectly happy to leave behind the weight and bulk of traditional photography and carry my phone.

If I can indulge, I would like to leave you with the thought that if a picture is not printed it does not exist.
Good job with your phone. You’ve done a masterful job of organizing the zeroes and ones to create the plethora of interesting photos. Btw… you’re not alone in moving forward with new technology. You’ve done good, Grasshopper!

magnificent effort (both the photography and the quality of modelling.

any idea about the history of that metal armoured single gun boat that reminds me of a Dutch clog?
I am afraid I have no further information about the armored boat, it did catch my eye being in the area of the Age of Sail ships. Those are the only 3 pictures I took of it.

Thank you for your kind remarks and I am very pleased to be able to share these photos.

Thanks for sharing Steven. Looks a very interesting museum. Would definitely have to let the other half go shopping as I guess you could spend many hours in that museum. Some brilliantly detailed models from your pictures.

magnífico esfuerzo (tanto la fotografía como la calidad del modelado.

¿alguna idea sobre la historia de ese bote blindado de metal de un solo cañón que me recuerda a un zueco holandés
You can find information about the model on this page:

Back