Museum selling off Surplus Materials

Hi Everyone,

I was just speaking with the Curator at the Naval Marine Archive in Picton Ontario, Canada. He advised me that they have a surplus of books and plans that they have to sell off to make room in their storage area (in a humidity controlled room). Might be a good chance to get some books and plans at a good price as he said they were selling some of them off at rock bottom prices.

Their website is http://navalmarinearchive.com/

Your quite welcome. Also if you wish to share that info on any of the sites you visit it would be greatly appreciated by the museum as well I'm sure. I'm hoping to get to Picton next weekend as I want to pick up as much material as I can. I've picked up the complete collection of The Northern Mariner a quarterly publication of the Canadian Nautical Research there for a really good price (under their normal pricing schema) Only missing three early issues. Filled two shelves on my bookshelf with those alone. Next collection to work on is the Mariners Mirror! :)

Just as a note of interest, as of this year the CNRS now publishes The Northern Mariner as a downloadable publication as well as they become available from their website at no cost. Hard copy is still available to full members. I'd encourage anyone with an interest in maritime history to be come a digital member to help support the effort as it's one of the last peer reviewed maritime history journals left in North America of its kind. Special caveat, so you are aware I am a member of the executive council of the CNRS and I only put the info here in a manner to share the information and nothing else.

Back