Must Have Book Series

I just found a must have book series. it is called The Seventy-Four Gun Ship Vol.1-3 by Jean Bouroit english translation by David H Roberts published 1986

They cover basically frigate type construction on up and it is brought down to more laymen type terms making even an idiot like me to understand it a lot easier than other more technical manuals.

Vol 1 covers Hull construction with billions of pictures to make it super easy to understand. each item he covers he provides several illustrations showing what he is talking about

Vol 2 Covers Hull Fittings and is just like vol 1 with illustrations

and Vol 3 Covers rigging etc and is the same tons of pictures. I highly reccommend this series of books

The fourth volume, Manning – Shiphandling, describes the officers and crew, their work, lifeon board, ship-handling, naval evolutions and operations, navigation, and colours and signals. There are also tables, a general vocabulary and a useful bibliography.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 602
Although it may be controversial to some people, I have the complete set of Father Romero's H.M.S Warrior (1781 ) practicum. All 6 volumes which is long out of print, and I think this is an excellent reference guide for building a large British ship of the line model.

post-232-0-97884000-1436605771_thumb.jpg

well....prefer not to elaborate on it on this forum Joseph, but old time ship modellers know about father Romero's fall from grace.

Back