MV Krait 100% paper Model

Firstly, let me say hi to all here and well I may be on a good thing with this post as I have not found a paper version of this ship. in saying this I would submit to you this build that has taken me all the best part of 4 days to build. Maybe 10 to 13 hours in total. It took me a while to find the "Blueprints". Enjoy.
them safely in my hand helped a lot. Enjoy this, my first post.

IMG_20210425_065805_349.jpg

IMG_20210425_065805_386.jpg

20210424_143909 (1).jpg

20210424_224622.jpg

First of all I want to say Hallo and send a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Interesting small and fast project with this minature - well done!
Hope to see more of your work, maybe next project in a building log?

The only thing that I felt difficult to find was the correct colour of the MV Krait, as it was a fishing boat used to infiltrate enemy lines. So the material found in colour was either the green and black found on the Web, so black and white, black and teak, or wood colour, or even the way it was painted as used by the Australian coast guard. This is definitely one of the things you have to do when considering any ship build.

Firstly, let me say hi to all here and well I may be on a good thing with this post as I have not found a paper version of this ship. in saying this I would submit to you this build that has taken me all the best part of 4 days to build. Maybe 10 to 13 hours in total. It took me a while to find the "Blueprints". Enjoy.

View attachment 229872

View attachment 229873

View attachment 229874

View attachment 229875
Could you tell me where you obtained the plans for the Krait? I want to scratch build a model for a local returned servicemen’s club. Thanks

Could you tell me where you obtained the plans for the Krait? I want to scratch build a model for a local returned servicemen’s club. Thanks
Absolutely, yes I found them on a naval site, somewhere in the ethernet hiding away as all good things are. I have included in this thread the actual plan, that I used for my tiny or "Nano" build. I as you were also impressed by the lack of material to build this iconic Australian wartime replica. I hope that this helps your endeavour along. If you print it on A3 size paper you may well have a better option on your hands, also if you take it to a printer and have them print it out on their, "architectural" printer that prints on a much larger scale. You may even be able to get them printed 1 to 1 scale. Enough said enjoy, and I wish you well in you build, as always never give up and never surrender, to infinity and beyond.

Krait-GA-D-Payne-ANMM.jpg

Hallo @Felix ship builder
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
What is your actual miniature project?

Thank you for your birthday wishes, and in return I would love to wish you and everyone else on this platform a merry Christmas

Hallo @Felix ship builder
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back