MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

HELLO SHIP MATES

This will be my build log for my #001 copy of the YQ Bluenose. I can hardly wait to start my build. But I must complete my scratch build of the Oliver Cromwell, that I am just finishing up the Spanker sail Boom and Gaff rigging and will be moving onto the Yard work.
My Old Ship Yard is very small and there is no way that it will accommodate building two ships at the same time, then I do wonder if I could keep these two ships separated in my mind.

Coming soon.

Regards Lawrence
IMG_5820.JPGIMG_5819.JPGIMG_5821.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette gave me a set of Yasumai Files to add to my collection of tools that I will use for the flayer-ing of the hull frames and keel on my Bluenose. I have heard that these files do make this task much easier.

Yasumai 10 Pcs Flat Assorted Diamond Needle File Set with Cleaning Brush Storage Box for Jewelers Ceramic Gem Stone Glass Wood Carving Hobby Crafts, all for $18.98 Canadian dollars.​

Regards LawrenceIMG_5871.JPGIMG_5872.JPG

Hello my dear #1. I know that for one, I cannot wait for the start of what is going to be a build to watch - as indeed are all the others. You and the little fellows are a formidable team who I am sure will enjoy Bluenose thoroughly. Those files are exactly the same type that I use and give very accurate results. The Admiral knows what works!

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette gave me a set of Yasumai Files to add to my collection of tools that I will use for the flayer-ing of the hull frames and keel on my Bluenose. I have heard that these files do make this task much easier.

Yasumai 10 Pcs Flat Assorted Diamond Needle File Set with Cleaning Brush Storage Box for Jewelers Ceramic Gem Stone Glass Wood Carving Hobby Crafts, all for $18.98 Canadian dollars.​

Regards LawrenceView attachment 210665View attachment 210666
Can you or the Admiral provide a web link for the file set, my search came with up a lot of stuff, but not this set.

Hello my dear #1. I know that for one, I cannot wait for the start of what is going to be a build to watch - as indeed are all the others. You and the little fellows are a formidable team who I am sure will enjoy Bluenose thoroughly. Those files are exactly the same type that I use and give very accurate results. The Admiral knows what works!
Hello Heinrich, We thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I can hardly contain my self in my #001 Bluenose build it is very special to me as I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia and lived and worked there for 25 years or so.
The little fellows thing all started many years ago when I was building my HMS Victory, I was working on one of the lower decks that would be covered and I was about to close over an open hatch when my Admiral Bernadette came into the Old Ship Yard and was horrified and said that the little fellows would fall in that open hatch, so to keep her happy I install a grating, it has stuck ever since and I think it is all rather cute.
Yes we do make a rather good team as she is not afraid to express her self if I do try to take a short cut, ending in many redoes, but always for the better.
Regards Lawrence

Can you or the Admiral provide a web link for the file set, my search came with up a lot of stuff, but not this set.
Hello Kurt, I bought my file set from Amazon.ca, how ever it seams due to country trade laws things are not always the same in each country. I checked in on the USA Amazon and like you say these files were not there under the same name. However I did find what appears to be the same thing under the sellers name of Nipuika for $16.98.

NIUPIKA Diamond Needle File Set with Clean Brush Storage Box, Hand File for Metal Glass Stone Rough Carving,Sharpening Deburring Shaping Jewelry Making Tool Kit

I hope this helps
Regards Lawrence

Hallo Lawrence,
I am very happy that you started now the building log of your model - I am very much enjoying your logs, so I am sure also this one. :cool:
Hello Uwe, I am pleased to have you on board. Looks like YQ, #001 Bluenose will have to wait just a bit longer at least until the rigging is completed on my Oliver Cromwell scratch build, due the the small size of my Old Ship Yard, but she is coming soon!
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
NIce to see the starting of your build-log. I know what it is to wait till the other ship is ready :).
But collecting information and tools, will give you some a excellent start. I set my chair and will follow also this log.
I will ad your build-log to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thank you very much for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words. Welcome aboard. Yes I am still researching for information and fowling the YQ- Bluenose build logs and that is almost as exciting as starting my build.
Regards Lawrence

Back