MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Lawence

Good to see you again.
The lights are a nice addition and now show the hold well

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk
I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes it is nice to be back working in my Old Ship Yard. However I am very slow and will take some time to get moving again, but trying.
Regards Lawrence

Although the lights on my BN do light up, they won't be seen thís Christmas. Possibly next year...
Hello Johan, We were neck and neck in our builds before this summer and now you are well out in front of me, looks like I will never catch up. Yes your Bluenose lights do light up and look great, there is no reason why you can not let her lighten up your family Christmas. If only leaving your Old Ship Yard for just a day or two.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed laying all of the poop deck beams, now it looks like we can move on to the water ways.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 344453
You finished another chapter with all the deck beams, Lawrence. The waterways are challengin. ;)
laying all of the poop deck beams
This line triggered me. Till now it was not used in another BN build-log, as far as I remember. But you are right, I found: “The term poop deck originated from the French word “La Poupe,” which means “the stern.” Therefore, the poop deck refers to the stern deck.
I thought it was for a raised aft deck. But find out now that it is also for 'flat deck' ships.
And the BN has a very nice present one. Learning every day on the SoS-forum.:)
Regards, Peter.

You finished another chapter with all the deck beams, Lawrence. The waterways are challengin. ;)

This line triggered me. Till now it was not used in another BN build-log, as far as I remember. But you are right, I found: “The term poop deck originated from the French word “La Poupe,” which means “the stern.” Therefore, the poop deck refers to the stern deck.
I thought it was for a raised aft deck. But find out now that it is also for 'flat deck' ships.
And the BN has a very nice present one. Learning every day on the SoS-forum.:)
Regards, Peter.
Hello Peter, Yes the waterways do look like a bit of a pain. Especially painting all of those stanchions, but we will give it a try. In my sailing days we also called the poop deck the fan tail. but I prefer the poop deck.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, This last week the little fellows and I have cut the YQ-Bluenose from it's building jig. A little premature but it gave us much easier access to be able to install all of the waterways. They all slide into place very easily now, all that is left is a light sanding and a couple of coats of paint. Then all of those stations to be painted white.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6224.JPGIMG_6225.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, This last week the little fellows and I have cut the YQ-Bluenose from it's building jig. A little premature but it gave us much easier access to be able to install all of the waterways. They all slide into place very easily now, all that is left is a light sanding and a couple of coats of paint. Then all of those stations to be painted white.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 345554View attachment 345555
Yes, another jig-less BN! New chapter’s with easy acces, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

Congratulations on letting her out of prison, my friend. I am also glad that you found the waterways easy to install. It is absolutely great to see Bluenose #1 back in action again!

Congratulations on letting her out of prison, my friend. I am also glad that you found the waterways easy to install. It is absolutely great to see Bluenose #1 back in action again!
Hello my old friend Henrich, It is great to be back in my Old Ship Yard, but I am still very slow at working on # 0001 but it is great to be back again. Yes the YQ=Bluenose is a lot easier to work on now since the build jig has been removed. I have been working on the waterways and the stanchions, sanding and now painting them all, should have a post in a day or so.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been rather busy in our Old Ship Yard. We have completed the fitting of the water ways and painting them a light grey. We have also painted the stanchions white and gluing them all in place.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6230.JPGIMG_6229.JPGIMG_6228.JPGIMG_6226.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a terroir of a week here in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I discovered that we installed the waterways and the upper bulkheads before we had installed the deck starter nibbled strips, what a horrible experience. To make the story shore we striped off the bulkheads along with the waterways in in order to correct this problem.
We have spent the last couple of days cleaning up glue and paint from all of these parts, but now the end is in sight.
We take this time to Wish all of our Ship Mates a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Back