MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a terroir of a week here in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I discovered that we installed the waterways and the upper bulkheads before we had installed the deck starter nibbled strips, what a horrible experience. To make the story shore we striped off the bulkheads along with the waterways in in order to correct this problem.
We have spent the last couple of days cleaning up glue and paint from all of these parts, but now the end is in sight.
We take this time to Wish all of our Ship Mates a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence
I have the waterways installed flush with the deck, so the nibble planks don’t lay underneath the waterways:
8B98BC9B-7823-4545-99F4-5C3DC2F8CE66.jpeg
Wishing both you and your Bernadette a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.

Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a terroir of a week here in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I discovered that we installed the waterways and the upper bulkheads before we had installed the deck starter nibbled strips, what a horrible experience. To make the story shore we striped off the bulkheads along with the waterways in in order to correct this problem.
We have spent the last couple of days cleaning up glue and paint from all of these parts, but now the end is in sight.
We take this time to Wish all of our Ship Mates a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to come.
Hi Lawrence.
As Johan already shows in his photo, I am probably the initiator of the confusion about the placement of the waterways.
YQ does indeed place them ON the deck-sheets with the nibbling plank. At the time I thought that this would create a raised edge against which a lot of water would stand. I then laid the waterways first, against that the nibble plank and then the planks. Everything in 1 level. But that need a adjustment to the sheet/nibbling plank. I'm sorry that this is now causing you this inconvenience.
Nevertheless from my side you and Bernadette a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, with a lot of building pleasure.
Regards, Peter

I have the waterways installed flush with the deck, so the nibble planks don’t lay underneath the waterways:
View attachment 347145
Wishing both you and your Bernadette a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.
Hello Johan, We thank you very much for your very kind Wishes. I really do not mind redoes, it also gives me a chance to correct a few Boo-Boobs that have arisen so it is not all that bad after all.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence.
As Johan already shows in his photo, I am probably the initiator of the confusion about the placement of the waterways.
YQ does indeed place them ON the deck-sheets with the nibbling plank. At the time I thought that this would create a raised edge against which a lot of water would stand. I then laid the waterways first, against that the nibble plank and then the planks. Everything in 1 level. But that need a adjustment to the sheet/nibbling plank. I'm sorry that this is now causing you this inconvenience.
Nevertheless from my side you and Bernadette a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, with a lot of building pleasure.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, We thank you Very much for your kind Wishes. We are suppose to be getting a bad snow storm later on today, is is snowing now and with no wind as yet. The trees are covered in snow and it looks very Christ Macey at this time but it will not last once the wind comes up.
No Peter it's not your fault, I should have checked the plans and pictures more closely. I do like to take references from yours and Johan build log among others, it is of great help to me, so do not feel reasonable for my little Boo-Boo.
Regards Lawrence

Merry Christmas my friend. May it be a special day which you can enjoy with your family and loved ones.
Hello Heinrich
Bernadette and I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and an even Better and Happier New Years to come.
Almost completed my clean up on my YQ-Bluenose and will start assembling all of these parts again, did find a few Boo-Boos and did correct these as well.

Hello Ship Mates, We do hope that you all had a cheerfully Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to come.
In the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and are finally moving forward again. After the clean up we have fitted and installed all of the deck planking starter starter strips and now the way is open to reinstall the water ways.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6231.JPGIMG_6232.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, We do hope that you all had a cheerfully Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to come.
In the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and are finally moving forward again. After the clean up we have fitted and installed all of the deck planking starter starter strips and now the way is open to reinstall the water ways.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 347574View attachment 347575
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, anticipating your interpretation of the deck planking.
I take it the waterways will be installed per original build instructions?

Hi Lawrence. Nice to see you have separated the nibbling plank from the sheets on the port side. To have on both sides a free one.
What are your plans for the planking?
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very kind words, We are slowly moving forward again. Had to repaint the waterways again then had to re fit them all due to the paint. I do not have any special plans for the deck planking but will try to vary it just a bit from all of the other YQ-Bluenoses.
Regards Lawrence

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, anticipating your interpretation of the deck planking.
I take it the waterways will be installed per original build instructions?
Hello Johan, I thank you for your very kind words and comments. Yes the water ways will be installed on top of the nibbling strips, I know that this is not correct in real life, but I kind of like the look of it.
Regards Lawrence

Back