MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, I wish you all a Very happy and even Better New Year to Come.
The little fellows and I are still finding a bit of time to work in our Old Ship Yard. Yesterday we installed the upper bulkheads on both the port and starboard sides. Out YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her great lines.
Regards Lawrence
IMG_6235.JPGIMG_6236.JPGIMG_6237.JPGIMG_6238.JPG

Wow. Of course, my friend, I am late to wish you a very happy, very belated birthday. And whilst on that topic, also a very Happy New Year to you and Bernadette!

Looking at that hull, I can see with the naked eye that it is faired to perfection and that the frames follow a beautiful line. Planking her will be an absolute pleasure!

Wow. Of course, my friend, I am late to wish you a very happy, very belated birthday. And whilst on that topic, also a very Happy New Year to you and Bernadette!

Looking at that hull, I can see with the naked eye that it is faired to perfection and that the frames follow a beautiful line. Planking her will be an absolute pleasure!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very nice wishes, also for your visit to my build log along with your very nice comments.
Bernadette and I wish Anna and you a Very Happy New Year to come and that it will be much better than the old one.
Yes my YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her great lines, I have added a couple of planks yesterday and they seam to go on very easily, it is just that I am getting very slow at working in my Old Ship Yard, I do suppose that it has something to do with my age, but it is still a joy to watch her come together.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, I wish you all a Very happy and even Better New Year to Come.
The little fellows and I are still finding a bit of time to work in our Old Ship Yard. Yesterday we installed the upper bulkheads on both the port and starboard sides. Out YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her great lines.
Regards Lawrence
View attachment 348191View attachment 348192View attachment 348193View attachment 348194
You got the pace again with your build, Lawrence. Now she started showing her lines. A lot of time invested in the frames is now paying off.
Regards, Peter

You got the pace again with your build, Lawrence. Now she started showing her lines. A lot of time invested in the frames is now paying off.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Yes my YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her fine lines that is for sure. My pace still seams very slow as it is more like a slow crawl.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Peter, Yes my YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her fine lines that is for sure. My pace still seams very slow as it is more like a slow crawl.
Regards Lawrence
I think I posted this before, but it still holds true: "it's about the journey, not the destination".
(Not my quote!) The pace/time is irrelevant to the journey.

I think I posted this before, but it still holds true: "it's about the journey, not the destination".
(Not my quote!) The pace/time is irrelevant to the journey.
Hello Johan, Yes Ever So True! But I still get impatient with my self as things seam to be going so slowly, but one hast to remember that this is a hobby and not a job.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, I wish you all a Very Happy New Year that is much better and nicer than the old one 2022.
The little fellows and I continue with the hull planking, so many curves that it requires a lot of clamps and clips along with many elastic bands to hold these planks in place.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6239.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, I wish you all a Very Happy New Year that is much better and nicer than the old one 2022.
The little fellows and I continue with the hull planking, so many curves that it requires a lot of clamps and clips along with many elastic bands to hold these planks in place.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 348616
And a happy new year to you ánd Bernadette as well.

With every step, with every plank, she becomes more and more beautiful. Nice work.

And a happy new year to you ánd Bernadette as well.

With every step, with every plank, she becomes more and more beautiful. Nice work.
Hello Johan, Thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. We do return your wished for a Happy New Year to you and your family.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Just a little update to let you all know that the little fellows and I are still very much busy in the planking the hull of our YQ-Bluenose. The small ship scale of 1:72 dose make this task just a bit finicky but it looks like the harder part is behind us now. We are still finding time to work a bit in our Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence

PS - The hull planking has not yet been sanded!
IMG_6240.JPGIMG_6241.JPG

Back