MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hey Lawrence, thanks for your reply, it sure has a lot of useful information.
I now finished the fwd lights and wires and am now shifting my attention to the aft cabin.
I also checked Evandesigns.com, for parts, but the shipping cost to the Netherlands is staggering...
As for the power supply, I drilled a hole in the center of the keel and intend to drill a hole in the pedestal as well. This implies the attachment screws for the pedestal will have to be drilled off center.
Hello Johan, I am pleased that some of my previous info. was useful to you. Yes the US shipping is expensive enough even here in Canada and I do try to stay away from it myself if at all possible. I drilled my center hole in the pedestal mount and the wire feed hole just ahead if that one, it was a bit close.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6189.JPG

Hello Johan, I am pleased that some of my previous info. was useful to you. Yes the US shipping is expensive enough even here in Canada and I do try to stay away from it myself if at all possible. I drilled my center hole in the pedestal mount and the wire feed hole just ahead if that one, it was a bit close.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 313075
That's a very nice solution!

Your time inventory on those tiny lights and wires is now paying off, Lawrence.
The result is delighted!
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes these little Led Lights are very challenging on this small scale, but well worth the little extra effort.
Regards Lawrence

The lighting gives a very "cosy" look to your build Lawrence. I think you are creating a great atmosphere - well done!

The lighting gives a very "cosy" look to your build Lawrence. I think you are creating a great atmosphere - well done!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes I do believe the Led Lights do add a lot of warmth to a ship and also it gives one a nice night lamp as a bonus. The remote control sure dose make it easy to turn on and off, also to dim or brighten the lights.
Regards Lawrence

Just joined and just catching up. Looks great so far, mine is ordered and can't wait for it to arrive, I'm like a child at Christmas ;-)
Hello Paul, Welcome aboard, You will find your YQ-Bluenose kit very interesting, This is a very good kit with lots of detail. The pear wood is excellent and nice to work with. The only draw back that I have found is cleaning up the char. There is a lot of room to add your personal touches as you see in the build logs here on the SOS Form. Help is never far away, should you need it just howler. I have been away from my build log for most of the summer so far but hope to return soon.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Paul, Welcome aboard, You will find your YQ-Bluenose kit very interesting, This is a very good kit with lots of detail. The pear wood is excellent and nice to work with. The only draw back that I have found is cleaning up the char. There is a lot of room to add your personal touches as you see in the build logs here on the SOS Form. Help is never far away, should you need it just howler. I have been away from my build log for most of the summer so far but hope to return soon.
Regards Lawrence
Thanks Lawrence, I'm hoping it will arrive today, but if not it will be here tomorrow.
Paul

Back