My Collection

And he actually finds the time to build them

Thanks Jim. It is really nice having someone "local" to share the hobby with. I could actually be building more models but seem to allow too many other distractions. I could share more pictures of built models if I ever get them out of storage and dust them off. LOL. Easily a couple hundred of them.

My latest bike. This is a 1980 Honda CB-750F. However, it has been custom tuned for track use. Lower bars, 4-into-1 exhaust, dry clutch, Ohlins shocks, oil cooler, chopped rear fender, mirrors/turn signals/passenger footpegs removed. This is 1:12 scale built from the Tamiya kit. I used a selection of airbrushed metallics, metal foils, and chrome markers to get the various effects to go along with the paint job.

View attachment 141006View attachment 141007
I have one in 1/6 and red20200402.jpg

Looks really cool, Mikie! ...and you don't really need Byrnes (Jim's) table saw and disk sander even if Jim ever made speed control :p

Incredible.
Do you know of any kit manufactures making metal car kits? I am referring to the much older cars (not race) but sedans. I remember many years ago a local hobby shop back in the late 70's had this metal car kit - I have no idea what it was. All I know is that it was low profile, long car, large fenders, large wheels and what stood out in my mind was the metal spokes for the wheels. The kit was all metal and the box said museum quality car kit. The only site that I know of and can't remember the name right now only sales like Forumula 1 race cars.
Model Expo has started carrying some metal or resin type, but nothing like what I am looking for. Any ideas?

Do you know of any kit manufactures making metal car kits?

The only company I am aware of that is still going is Pocher models. They make very high end car and bike models. All metal, pre-painted, nuts, bolts. No glue. Awesome materials, etc. Very expensive. I built their Ferrari F40 many years ago. Here is their web site: https://www.pocher.com/uk-en/

I don't remember who makes the very old classic cars you are talking about... they may be out of business as far as kits go. But I do recall what you are thinking...

The only company I am aware of that is still going is Pocher models. They make very high end car and bike models. All metal, pre-painted, nuts, bolts. No glue. Awesome materials, etc. Very expensive. I built their Ferrari F40 many years ago. Here is their web site: https://www.pocher.com/uk-en/

I don't remember who makes the very old classic cars you are talking about... they may be out of business as far as kits go. But I do recall what you are thinking...
As you say Mike,might be Pocher models,they used to make only old cars before,and now only newer sportscars,i buildt a lot of them in the 80-90ś

Back