My name is Dale from Vancouver, WA

Hallo Dale,
firsdt of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Maybe you are interested also in our daily news related to "Today in Naval History / Naval Maritime Events in History" - take a look, you will find a lot of history :cool:

Thanks for the welcome all you shipbuilders. Amazed at the detail in these models. So question, Do you obtain plans from somewhere and then scale your plans for scratch builds? Where do you get the plans and the material? I have a lot of interest in building a wood model. My biggest project is the Revell USS Constitution. I know it is plastic, but still a challenge. Drug it out after 30 years and now repairing and making new sails.

Anyway I am going to stare at some more of these awesome ships.

These things: View attachment 339586 I guess you could not see the emoji on your end. Oh well. So what types of sailing ships are your favorites? Carracks, galleons, frigates, barks, schooners, etc?
oh rolleyes! yeah i get it. so, you are one of those guys. smart ass. gotta love it. i like galleons, frigates and schooners. gonna take a look at some of your builds now.

Found this sight and have marveled at all the impressive builds. I like doing the research on ships because I enjoy history. Did a lot of plastic models in the day but nothing like I see here. Did not know about real wood ships! kidding me!
Welcome Dale! This is a great site…

I am this forum's mascott smartass. :D
looked at your La Couronne build for hours last night. what scale is it? it is beautiful. the detail is awesome and i like your techniques of tying different blocks and hacks and rigging. your sail stretching and flag forming is trick! how long was the build? was this from scratch? i want to buy a kit. what would you suggest?

Back