My Province now in lockdown

Ah...the much anticipated post-holiday spike. I'm an 'essential worker' so I have received the first of two vaccinations. The effort I saw just to get my group (1a) vaccinated was overwhelming. I can't even wrap my brain around what it will take to vaccinate the general population. We are a long way from the end of this thing. At least we share a hobby that can be done in isolation. Be safe everyone!

Good time for building ship models.
No excuses necessary to stay at the workbench and not going outside. ;)

Christian
True! It is great to have a hobby that requires your complete focus. The only problem is lockdown affecting manufacturing of kits and so on, so inventories can be hit and miss.

I know this has nothing to do with modeling but just got this Emergency alert on phone, TV, radio...
View attachment 205557

We have a lot of words, a lot of official mandates, iffy government rules for occupancy of restaurants and other public venues, some compliance with face covering, but there a lot of complaints about anything to do with decreasing COVID exposure. Meanwhile the infection rate has increased threefold per day since the holidays. So, I’m just as happy to stay home and only venture out for groceries and medical appointments. I think EXXON must miss me, my GMC 4 X 4 is getting fantastic gas mileage sitting in the garage.

Jan

Sorry to hear such problems around the world. Here in Australia, particularly, Western Australia, daily life is back close to normal, except for travel. You can't travel in/out of the State without very good reason (international holiday travel not happening at all). Also, people have to isolate in hotels for 14 days when entering our state. That has just now been relaxed a little. We shut our borders to our own states here, as soon as there are small outbreaks, and I'm talking a hand full. We took strict measures from the start and it has paid off. Good luck to all of you and keep safe.

It amazes me how well Australia and New Zealand have done in handling this nasty virus. Only our Maritime Provinces did this border lockdown and all of them have kept the virus in check. Our most populous Provinces seem to be reluctant to take those same measures. Instead it occurs after it's too late. I feel sorry for my American friends, way too many people quoting their "Rights", as if the virus will somehow avoid them if they do nothing. Crazy sad times. Hope everyone can manage to stay home and stay safe until the vaccines get out there.

I think that the feeling that the government is somehow taking away your freedom, or that wearing masks is a civil freedom violation , just think about that, they are spending billions of dollars/euros/pounds to what? Somehow, taking over your life? Doctors, nurses, surgeons etc have been wearing masks for decades, as a normal procedure , to prevent anything being transmitted between patient and surgeon, why is now an issue? I feel for the rest of the world. Australia has shown the world. I get we have a smaller population but really only under half of the UK, albeit spread around a large area. Shut your country down, no flights, no holidays overseas, that's what we did, promoted holidays within our ow n state. Good luck to you all.

I think that the feeling that the government is somehow taking away your freedom, or that wearing masks is a civil freedom violation , just think about that, they are spending billions of dollars/euros/pounds to what? Somehow, taking over your life? Doctors, nurses, surgeons etc have been wearing masks for decades, as a normal procedure , to prevent anything being transmitted between patient and surgeon, why is now an issue? I feel for the rest of the world. Australia has shown the world. I get we have a smaller population but really only under half of the UK, albeit spread around a large area. Shut your country down, no flights, no holidays overseas, that's what we did, promoted holidays within our ow n state. Good luck to you all.

I completely agree.

Back