My weekend project - not ship related - post it here

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

My weekend project

During the last weekend I installed and erected my hut for gardening tools

Not very special, but I am proud, that I was able to do it alone and in shorter time my wife expected.
And I saved 750 Euro, which was the offered price for installation by a company - So this money I can invest in toooools (for modeling and not gardening)

Biohort.jpg

If somebody interested: Type of hut: BIOHORT Europa - high quality, everything fitted well and good manual - highly recommended

If you have other weekend projects, which are not connected with modeling - Maybe you post it here in this topic -> so we share also a little bit of our "other" lives next to modeling

Nice shed Uwe,This is on my to do list when things get back to normal.My shed would be slightly modelling related though,shifting the Lawnmower and garden tools out of the workshop would give more more room for modelling;)

Kind Regards

Nigel

My weekend project

Not very special, but I am proud, that I was able to do it alone and in shorter time my wife expected.
And I saved 750 Euro, which was the offered price for installation by a company - So this money I can invest in toooools (for modeling and not gardening)

View attachment 157587

If somebody interested: Type of hut: BIOHORT Europa - high quality, everything fitted well and good manual - highly recommended

If you have other weekend projects, which are not connected with modeling - Maybe you post it here in this topic -> so we share also a little bit of our "other" lives next to modeling
Be aware Ewek
My weekend project

View attachment 157587

Be aware Ewek in winter time these types of sheds (metal/ produce plenty of condensation in frosty temperatures on the internal surfaces especially the roof causing water to drip onto everything inside. I have one myself an found out when I went in on a frosty morning all my tools were also covered in condensation as was an old lister engine I was renovating was starting to rust all over. I suggest you insulate all the internal surfaces with thin ply with a vapour barrier in between. Mick.

I have also just finished a small hut. Not for my garden tools but for 2 of my favourite girls. Not from a kit but scratch build POF ROTF. I started totally impulsive late autum last year, triggerede by some left over roof tiles and some douglas that was in the way in my garage. Design and size was determined by the number of left over roof tiles. I found some second hand wood free of charge for most of the rest. I didn't manage to finish it completely before the winter and the darkness came along and due to other priorities during the spring I haven't finished it untill now (to be perfectly honest I still miss to oil the decking on the porch).
IMG_0720.JPG

I had in my mind planned to scratchbuild also a Chesterfield sofa and a proper kitchen but in the end I cheated and bought it:
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG

Making compound miters on the octagonal roof strecthed my math skills to the absolute limit o_O:
DSC01559a.jpg
DSC01556.JPG

Be aware Ewek
Be aware Ewek in winter time these types of sheds (metal/ produce plenty of condensation in frosty temperatures on the internal surfaces especially the roof causing water to drip onto everything inside. I have one myself an found out when I went in on a frosty morning all my tools were also covered in condensation as was an old lister engine I was renovating was starting to rust all over. I suggest you insulate all the internal surfaces with thin ply with a vapour barrier in between. Mick.
Many Thanks for the hint and explanation of your experience - Many Thanks Thumbsup

I have also just finished a small hut. Not for my garden tools but for 2 of my favourite girls. Not from a kit but scratch build POF ROTF. I started totally impulsive late autum last year, triggerede by some left over roof tiles and some douglas that was in the way in my garage. Design and size was determined by the number of left over roof tiles. I found some second hand wood free of charge for most of the rest. I didn't manage to finish it completely before the winter and the darkness came along and due to other priorities during the spring I haven't finished it untill now (to be perfectly honest I still miss to oil the decking on the porch).
View attachment 158868

I had in my mind planned to scratchbuild also a Chesterfield sofa and a proper kitchen but in the end I cheated and bought it:
View attachment 158869
View attachment 158870

Making compound miters on the octagonal roof strecthed my math skills to the absolute limit o_O:
View attachment 158871
View attachment 158872
WOW - what y great project - I am sure, that your two girl are more than Happy to have their own "House with Veranda and Wintergarden"

Back