Mystery Parts

Working on the Artesania Latina SWIFT and came across these parts. They show up nowhere on the parts list, and no reference is made in neither the instructions nor the plans. I thought maybe they were some sort of mounting brackets, but the slot is much smaller than the keel. I reach out to AL's website, but as usual, no reply, Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 50
I'm retired Navy too. Subs and surface. Where did you serve?

As for the parts, could they be kindling for the cook stove? Haha
Two tours in Westpac. CVA & DD's.
The kindling might be the only use! The kit also came with some cannons and this was a pilot boat. All pics show no guns.
Thanks for reaching out.

Working on the Artesania Latina SWIFT and came across these parts. They show up nowhere on the parts list, and no reference is made in neither the instructions nor the plans. I thought maybe they were some sort of mounting brackets, but the slot is much smaller than the keel. I reach out to AL's website, but as usual, no reply, Anyone know?
I also have a AL Swift. I made if about 16 years ago. If not mistaken, as you mentioned, those are the mounting brackets. I did not use them and made my own type cradle. If you use them, you will have to increase the width of the pieces.

I also have a AL Swift. I made if about 16 years ago. If not mistaken, as you mentioned, those are the mounting brackets. I did not use them and made my own type cradle. If you use them, you will have to increase the width of the pieces.
Thanks. This kit is vintage 1983. It also came with a set of brass mounts and a piece of walnut to mount the brackets on. This was a bonus item. Thanks for your help.

Two tours in Westpac. CVA & DD's.
The kindling might be the only use! The kit also came with some cannons and this was a pilot boat. All pics show no guns.
Thanks for reaching out.
Welcome to SOS. Except for Viet Nam on a cruiser, I spent the rest of my career on the East Coast. Post pictures when you can so we can all se your project. MikeJ. Aloha

Welcome to SOS. Except for Viet Nam on a cruiser, I spent the rest of my career on the East Coast. Post pictures when you can so we can all se your project. MikeJ. Aloha
Sorry, I missed your post. I spent some early times on the East Coast at Dam Neck, VA. First two tours were on Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) in the Tonkin Gulf. Thank you for your service. So far, I have a few pics on the site under "Swift- Resurrected". This my first build.

No, Thanks you for your service. Checked out you pics and they looked great. Hey, is you name Mike? You must be a great guy with a name like that. I was a Machinists Mate for the first twenty then a CMC for the last 10+. What a ride. Haha aloha, MikeJ

No, Thanks you for your service. Checked out you pics and they looked great. Hey, is you name Mike? You must be a great guy with a name like that. I was a Machinists Mate for the first twenty then a CMC for the last 10+. What a ride. Haha aloha, MikeJ
Started off in surface weapons, then Military Sealift Command, A couple of three DD'S. You're right, a ride that I will never forget. A have a shipmate of mine who lives in Old Lyme.

Back