Nao Victoria

Magellan's ship Victoria is historically very significant but I can find no record of a build log in SOS. There seems to be only one kit (Disar).
Columbus's little excursion seems to get lots of coverage.
Cabot's Matthew doesn't feature much either unless one wants a 1:1 scale model.
Am I missing something?

Magellan's ship Victoria is historically very significant but I can find no record of a build log in SOS. There seems to be only one kit (Disar).
Columbus's little excursion seems to get lots of coverage.
Cabot's Matthew doesn't feature much either unless one wants a 1:1 scale model.
Am I missing something?

there is a build project for the Matthew here

victoria kit

i might have plans for the Grand Hermine
A life-size wooden replica of the vessel was featured at the Expo 67 in Montreal Following the Expo the replica was moved to Quebec City and put on static display in an artificial pond located in a city park, where she remained for at least three decades; poorly maintained. She was broken up in the same park where she sat for years.

hermine 5 low res.jpg

Last edited:
you can also look here

there is a build project for the Matthew here

victoria kit

i might have plans for the Grand Hermine
A life-size wooden replica of the vessel was featured at the Expo 67 in Montreal Following the Expo the replica was moved to Quebec City and put on static display in an artificial pond located in a city park, where she remained for at least three decades; poorly maintained. She was broken up in the same park where she sat for years.

View attachment 280765
Thanks. I followed the link. An impressive model that I assume was a scratch build. I'm not as ambitious as that; I only do kits I'm afraid.

The victoria is a nice ship, i have a book with a large illustration of what it was supposed to look like, ill have to look for it.

How does one get the kit of the mathew?

Back