Naomi South Australian Fishing Boat 1/24 scal2 by neptune

G'day John,
Lovely little boat.
What did you plank the deck in?
I am impressed with your propeller, although as a Fitter and Turner your method making of a disk is quite imaginative personally I would advise against such a method, if you were using a larger diameter cutter it would be quite dangerous. Lovely result all the same.
The case is really great as well.

Cheers,
Stephen.

.View attachment 24935
Next up was the propeller, I had a small one that would fit but wanted to try out my MF70 Proxxon mill
I started with a square piece of brass plate and drilled a hole in the middle to hld it tight and to also connect to the shaft after shaping

View attachment 24936
then I cut a circle

View attachment 24937
Another view

View attachment 24939
then I shaped it, using cutting discs and files.

View attachment 24940
I then used a rotary tool with an abrasive disc to form the angles of the blades

View attachment 24941
another view

View attachment 24942
and again

View attachment 24943
and attached to the boat

The is a nice build and well illustrated with some of the ideas that you used in the process. One that sounds like a dumb kid with a new bike that he doesn't know how to ride was my realizing that I have been using my step clamps entirely wrong from how you set yours up to hold the small vise. Thanks for your unintended teaching by illustrating for my use a what is probably a very basic tool accessory with the vise and X-Y table, both of which I have and can now use more efficiently. I may take off the wing nuts that I put on instead of the hex nut which I see can be more tightly. Rich (PT-2) Still learning every trip into SoS waters.

Thanks guys for the nice comments, I'm no expert and I tend to do things the unorthodox way, it took me awhile to work out the proper way to use the step clamps, as for the deck and I think that I used Huon,

Best regards John,

Back