Need help identifying tall ship model

I just purchased this for my office and figured it was a good way to get into this hobby. I was wondering if any of you can tell me the exact model of this ship. The gentlemen I purchased it from didnt have much info on it other than his father built it a very long time ago. I kept searching the what I think the name of the ship is based on the placard on front of the base but keep coming up short. Do you guys think this is a kit or hand built etc? Thanks in advance. Any info you can tell me on this beauty I would greatly appreciate.IMG_0508.JPGIMG_0506.JPGIMG_0502.JPGIMG_0503.JPGIMG_0509.JPGIMG_0510.JPG

That was my initial reaction but my research cannot find a line of the word "Soupren" or "Sojpren" of the sea mean "Sovereign". Plus this model does not have enough cannon openings to be the Sovereign along with other parts not matching most of the kits I have researched. I could be completely wrong since I am just venturing into this hobby. Accuracy and ship models typically go hand in hand. Why so many inconsistencies on this version unless it wasn't a kit?

In my opinion, it is the Sovereign of the Seas. The name of the ship had to be made for the buyer in his native language (northern Europe or eastern European countries perhaps).
But if you search a little on the internet, you will find boat model workshops on the island of Madagascar and / or Mauritius that have been specilized in the reproduction (not very beautiful) of vessels of this type. They start from an existing kit as a model, and make a copy that does not cost too much and especially without needing all the hardware of a kit.
These small workers earn their living with this work, but do not have the culture of warships of the 17th or 18th century, tourists who buy them either. This is the explanation of the inconsistencies you observe on this model ... ;)

In my opinion, it is the Sovereign of the Seas. The name of the ship had to be made for the buyer in his native language (northern Europe or eastern European countries perhaps).
But if you search a little on the internet, you will find boat model workshops on the island of Madagascar and / or Mauritius that have been specilized in the reproduction (not very beautiful) of vessels of this type. They start from an existing kit as a model, and make a copy that does not cost too much and especially without needing all the hardware of a kit.
These small workers earn their living with this work, but do not have the culture of warships of the 17th or 18th century, tourists who buy them either. This is the explanation of the inconsistencies you observe on this model ... ;)
Hmmm... that very well could be. I searched all over for a translation of the word inscribed on the front medallion but couldn't find a match. So as far a this particular model what would you rate its craftsmanship? Being that I am new to this I thought it looked really cool but I understand I do not have as such a critical eye as more experienced people in this hobby. There is no plastic parts on the ship and for its size is very heavy. I still would like to find some of the pieces that are missing and will try and get her as complete as I can. thanks for your input and good day :)

(...) So as far a this particular model what would you rate its craftsmanship? Being that I am new to this I thought it looked really cool but I understand I do not have as such a critical eye as more experienced people in this hobby. There is no plastic parts on the ship and for its size is very heavy. I still would like to find some of the pieces that are missing and will try and get her as complete as I can.
I do not know what you want this model to become, but you can not improve much. You can take as a model, the Sovereign of the Seas that are shown on the forum to compare. But I think we have to leave this boat as it is and try to simply rewind some wires. ;)

Back