Need help with historical data

I've recently begun preperations for the building of the Wappen Von Hamburg of 1667. I have been researching the vessel and have not been able to find much of anything in the way of construction details; accommodations, furniture, paint scheme etc. Can anyone help direct me to the literature I'm looking for?
Thanks,
Wes

First step is maybe the older publication made by "Wappen von Hamburg I " by Wolfgang Quinger, published by Hinstorff and Delius clasing

Wolfgang-Quinger+Wappen-von-Hamburg-I.jpg Wolfgang-Quinger+Wappen-von-Hamburg-I-Ein-Konvoischiff-des-17-Jahrhunderts.jpg

by the way - In germany we use the date for this ship with 1669 and not 1667

A good help especially for this ship could be the german forum with some more detailed information

First step is maybe the older publication made by "Wappen von Hamburg I " by Wolfgang Quinger, published by Hinstorff and Delius clasing

View attachment 237573 View attachment 237574

A good help especially for this ship could be the german forum with some more detailed information

as u

View attachment 237573 View attachment 237574

As Uwe has already given your some I believe I do not have much. Will anyway look up my german Ship files

we has allready giving your some I believe I do not have much. Will anyway look up my germab Ship fdile.

Hello Wes, "Das Logbuch", magazine for shipbuilding history and ship model building, issue 2000/1, contains some details about the W.v.HH III and the "irregularities" during construction. I could email you copies.

Thanks guys. Yeah Uwek, I've run across this book numerous times, but as of yet, I have been unable to find an English language version of it.
I think, the book was never translated into another language - so th ebest would be to buy the german book and translate it with an app on the phone

I did find one site (bookdepository.com) when I googled that said they had it in English, but when I got there it was "unavailable. " I did find a copy in Russian...no thank you. I'm going to get a German copy and translate it, as you suggested; I lived in Landstuhl for about 2 1/2 years and learned a great deal of the language, but that was back in the '80s and I haven't spoken much German since, but nonetheless I feel certain I can translate it without too terribly much difficulty. Thanks for your help.
Wes

I think, the book was never translated into another language - so th ebest would be to buy the german book and translate it with an app on the phone
or try to ncontact the german Model Bau "SCHIFFMODELBAU "It is run by I friend of mine "Axel Kullich" the one which shoe me the DRY BENDING. In this moment I do not have the Ling address, but they are in Facebook too.

or try to ncontact the german Model Bau "SCHIFFMODELBAU "It is run by I friend of mine "Axel Kullich" the one which shoe me the DRY BENDING. In this moment I do not have the Ling address, but they are in Facebook too.
facebook.com/groups/
schiffmodelbau-deutsland. main responsible AXEL KAULICH-2000 member (I was active but the last year is more a sleeping member) allthoug as personal contact with AXEL-the one with the DRY BENDING

I know very little about this ship. Dave Stevens has a bunch of research material on all things ships and the building there of.

Jeff

I've recently begun preperations for the building of the Wappen Von Hamburg of 1667. I have been researching the vessel and have not been able to find much of anything in the way of construction details; accommodations, furniture, paint scheme etc. Can anyone help direct me to the literature I'm looking for?
Thanks,
Wes
Hallo @WesMan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back