New Bedford Whaleboat 1:12 and boat builder's shop

I made 2 smaller versions of this whaleboat based upon the 1981 plans by "The Laughing Whale". I took those plans and through research using the book "The Whaleboat: a Study of Design, Construction and use from 1850 to 1970" by Willits D. Ansel, made some modifications to achieve more authenticity. The shop and its equipment is what I have been able to design based on online pictures and my woodworking experience. This is the second whaleboat I made at this scale. The first was a gift to my son and this is for me. The tools are made from copper wire then treated with Liver of Sulphur to blacken them.
KenFull.jpgshop1.jpgshop2.jpgtools1.jpgtools2.jpg

Really a wonderful small diorama - very good idea showing the boat in the workshop Thumbsup

I made 2 smaller versions of this whaleboat based upon the 1981 plans by "The Laughing Whale". I took those plans and through research using the book "The Whaleboat: a Study of Design, Construction and use from 1850 to 1970" by Willits D. Ansel, made some modifications to achieve more authenticity. The shop and its equipment is what I have been able to design based on online pictures and my woodworking experience. This is the second whaleboat I made at this scale. The first was a gift to my son and this is for me. The tools are made from copper wire then treated with Liver of Sulphur to blacken them.
Ken
Hallo @knurmi
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cak

Back