New Build

Hello everyone.
Ready to start my fourth new build. Have built the Vanguard Alert, Caldercraft hms Mortar, and Mamoli Yacht America. The Mamoli documentation was not well organized from my standpoint. The last build was Yacht America and I learned to apply a copper bottom, and to sew the sails, both of which were a challenge, but gratifying. Photos attached.
Having some difficulty choosing a new project. Thinking of the Bluenose 2, but would welcome any thoughts. I consider myself a novice, with no prior woodworking skills, and I am planning to buy a kit.
Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts.
Regards to everyone,
Dr. Y

20200117_114719.jpg20201001_114207 (1).jpgIMG_0189.jpeg

Hallo,
very nice and well build models !!!
Maybe the next could be a three masted frigate or brig?
As you know already the quality of Vangard or Caldercraft, maybe the Snake or even the Diana - a wonderful model
or think about to try yourself on a POF model - a section like the Bonhomme Richard or the Granado?

Hi Uwe, Thank you for your suggestions. I will probably choose one of them. Your builds are very excellent and impressive.
Best regards,
Dr. Y

Hi Uwe,
Thanks for all this attention. I have found the Mary Byrne admiralty model which I believe is the type of build which you are suggesting. Link below.
https://www.modelerscentral.com/model-ship-kits/modellers-shipyard/mary-byrne-1826-admiralty-model/

I'm not sure I can handle this type, but have looked through the build logs you suggested and am willing to give it a try. I haven't found the others you suggested searching the internet for sites to purchase, but if you know of anything specific would appreciate hearing. Again thanks for all this help, above and beyond.

Best wishes,
Dr. Y.

CHECK THE SOS UNDER NEW KITS AND YOU CAN GET THE INFORMATION ON TRIDENT MODELS AND CAF MODELS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

.... I haven't found the others you suggested searching the internet for sites to purchase, but if you know of anything specific would appreciate hearing......

Here you can find the overall list of Jotika models:

The HMS Snake:

SNAKE_lrg.jpg

The HMS Diana:

DIANA_lrg.jpg

Here the Kit Review of the POF section of the HMS Granado: (PS: in some time also the complete ship in POF will be released by CAF)

327f9f5936.jpg

and the section of the USS Bonhomme Richard (before french)

USS Bonhomme Richard 9_zpsebr2jkf6.jpg

Dear Dr. Y. I am the distributor for the Bluenose POF kit from YuanQing. It is a group build on SOS and you will find a wealth of information from the excellent builds currently in progress. There is a full set of color photographs plus the translated instructions in English done very graciously by our members. Furthermore, I am on SOS so anything that you need is a PM away.

1-1.jpg

PS

I neglected to say that the kit delivered to your door will be approximately 246 USD. It may vary by a dollar or what, because shipping rates are calculated on the day of shipping. Once payment has been received via PayPal, the kit is shipped out the following day and ETA will be within 10 days.

Thank you Heinrich and to all for their input. I have made my decision to order the Bluenose POF. Shall I order through ZHL or do you handle the order as the distributor?

Dear Jaroslav

ZHL is a dealer and obviously put their mark-up on the kit. I deal directly with YQ and am the official agent between YQ and SOS - that is why I am the Bluenose Group Moderator. Your order will be #40 already delivered to SOS members. If you go the Bluenose Payment and Ordering Thread in the Bluenose Group Build, you will see all the details of kits delivered to members. https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/payment-and-ordering.6454/page-10

Just PM me your full name and surname, the physical address to which the kit needs to be delivered (including the ZIP code), your telephone number and email address. The latter two details are required by FedEX. You will then be e-mailed a PayPal Bill by YQ (I will inform you of that by PM). Upon receipt of your payment, YQ will ship out the kit the next working day (Saturdays and Sundays excluded).

Kind regards - Heinrich

Hello everyone.
Ready to start my fourth new build. Have built the Vanguard Alert, Caldercraft hms Mortar, and Mamoli Yacht America. The Mamoli documentation was not well organized from my standpoint. The last build was Yacht America and I learned to apply a copper bottom, and to sew the sails, both of which were a challenge, but gratifying. Photos attached.
Having some difficulty choosing a new project. Thinking of the Bluenose 2, but would welcome any thoughts. I consider myself a novice, with no prior woodworking skills, and I am planning to buy a kit.
Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts.
Regards to everyone,
Dr. Y
Hallo @pay2700
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back