new China models

I just noticed that SC Model or better known as World Cheng Model is offering a 1/48 scale new kit of a British Royal Yacht
Any information known ?

I just noticed that SC Model or better known as World Cheng Model is offering a 1/48 scale new kit of a British Royal Yacht
Any information known ?
Which British Royal Yacht?do you have a link?

I hope the link works. I have seen it on 4hmodel.
It is a kit of royal yacht William and has 3d printed resin carvings.

See the link below.

4HModel sent me a heads up the kit is called William Royal Yacht it looks more like a pleasure boat than a genuine vessel , also could not find any Royal Yacht by the name of William

I have tried to purchase something from this COMPANY for months, before giveing it up, and do not like the new model a FICTIOUS SHIP, PLUS THE VERY CHEAP LOOKING DECKS, NOT FOR ME. Don

The link works, I just checked! I also noticed that ornament was copied 1:1 from Woody Joe Charles Royal Yat I am building:

View attachment 92261

From Woody Joe Kit (below)

View attachment 92262
Hello! Jimsky.
I just asked the boss of the SC model, aHe admitted to drawing on your sculpture during the development process.He stressed that they just borrowed your designs because the drawings of the models are very close. But they don't have a 1:1 copy because their scale are different. You can also find that he added a lot of details.
Sam

4HModel sent me a heads up the kit is called William Royal Yacht it looks more like a pleasure boat than a genuine vessel , also could not find any Royal Yacht by the name of William

I also checked the book sailing Navy 1688 1860 by David Lyons and found no royal yacht named William Royal yacht
at least no English yacht maybe it is from another navy.

my guess it is copied from Woody Joe Charles Royal Yacht same vessel just copied and renamed.

we need more back round information like the original plans or even a navy list of the vessel when it was built, where and by who?

Too bad they can’t design their own model instead of copying someone else’s.
The link works, I just checked! I also noticed that ornament was copied 1:1 from Woody Joe Charles Royal Yat I am building

In my opinion you are too fast to talk about a 1:1 copy of ornaments and copying a complete model.
First of all the ornaments:

1 .jpeg 2.jpeg

3 .jpg 4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg

I have here a problem to see a 1:1 copy -
Yes it is floral ornament, but this was very typical for these types of ships and you can find this type on a lot of vessels
and the ornaments around the gunports they made in the 17th century very often and was standard - especially at ceremonial yachts and vessels

Take a look at these contemporary models found at the NMM

d4987_1.jpg d4987_2.jpg d4987_3.jpg
Scale: 1:32. A contemporary full hull model of a yacht (circa 1675), built in the Navy Board style. Model is decked and complete and mounted on original crutches, with a set of launching flags including a royal standard amidships. Measuring 75 feet along the upper deck and a beam of 21 feet, it has an approximate tonnage of 130 and with 10 guns ports. Yachts of this date were fitted with a single mast and cutter-rigged and the model has channnels, chainplates and deadeyes fitted for a single mast just forward of midships. A framed paper label, which may be original, is mounted on the baseboard and identifies the model as the ‘Charles’ Royal Yacht launched at Rotherhithe in 1675, and states that it was owned by Captain Fasby, who commanded several of the royal yachts between 1666 and 1688. Although it is of a similar build to the royal yachts of the period, it cannot be positively identified with any particular vessel. Neither the appearance nor measurements seem to fit the smaller ‘Charles’, which measured 54ft on the keel by 20 ft 6in beam.

d8005_2 (1).jpg d8005_3.jpg d4749.jpg
Scale: 1:32. Navy Board skeleton model of a yacht, possibly royal (circa 1690). The model is decked and rigged with the sails (modern) set. It is flying three flags: union on the jackstaff, royal standard on the mainmast and ensign on the ensign staff. It was re-rigged at the Science Museum in the early 1930s with its original spars. The modern sails and flags (later removed) were added. This model probably depicts an actual vessel which would have been privately owned. It is doubtful whether it depicts a Royal Yacht as they were ketch rigged (two-masted) at this date. At the above scale, the length would be 74 feet by 21 feet in the beam, with a tonnage of 130 burden. The model is an excellent example of late 17th century craftsmanship using the typical hard fruitwoods such as apple and pear, as well as boxwood for both the decking, planking and the carved decoration.

f9218_001.jpg f9218_002.jpg f9218_003.jpg

Scale: 1:32 A contemporary Navy Board style model of a Royal Yacht (circa 1685). made entirely in wood and painted gilded and varnished. The vessel is depicted in frame in a stylised form below the waterline, planked above, and with the deck planking removed to show the deck beams and interior. The two open wales are painted black and the decoratively carved frieze along the bulwarks is gilded on a red ground. Fittings include a gilded figurehead in the form of a cherub figure on horseback; a stump bowsprit and mainmast; short forecastle with a grating deck and windlass abaft it; six wreath ports on each of the port and starboard sides with gilded carved decoration, the forward three each having guns that are run out, the aft three all having gilded circular plugs; a slender black-painted awning frame on the upper deck; long poop deck accommodating a tiller; large square windows in heavily carved and gilded cases on the port and starboard stern quarters; and ornately carved and gilded stern gallery with four large windows. The model is mounted on a pair of decoratively-shaped wooden crutches and displayed on a rectangular wooden baseboard

These models of different ceremonial yachts of the time a all very similar to both kit models, the woody Joe and also the chinese model.....
BTW: The woody Joe yacht is showing more gun ports, than the chinese model, the woody Joe is 1:64, the chinese model is scale 1:48

OK, until now we do not have a clear picture, which original vessel is shown here, but for me it is another kit of a ceremonial Yacht - but I do not see, that it is copy of an existing kit of another manufacturer, definitely not Woody Joe

I just asked the boss of the SC model, aHe admitted to drawing on your sculpture during the development process.He stressed that they just borrowed your designs because the drawings of the models are very close.
@Sam Chan Sam, this is not my design and I have no copyright for it. It is from Woody Joe kit, Charles Royal Yacht: https://www.japan-wooden-model-kits...den-Sailing-Ship-Model-Kits-by-Woody-JOE.html

I am building this model and have build log (follow the link on my signature)

Uwe, I follow what you are saying, is this new kit a generic type yacht what does it represent, and how would you rate the scribed decking and the planking materials, and I have been looking for a price also I have had terrible problems with TABAO, can not check out have tried for months just a bunch of chineese after I click purchase, have you bought from them before. THANKS Don

TAOBAO caters more to the Far East cliental . I have been using Ali Express many times and always 100 % satisfied. The web site is in English , has a great follow through and updates regarding shipment locations and delivery dates

It would be great if Sam Chan could use his influence with the Chinese model producers, i.e. Chevis from SC Models to join our family and give us heads up on new models , upcoming models etc etc. We are the only really active group in the West interested in the China market and it would be a great outlet for them to showcase their latest products. Just saying.

Dave is right. No Royal Yacht names "Royal William".

Two ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Royal William
  • HMS Royal William was a 100-gun first rate launched in 1670 as HMS Prince. She was rebuilt in 1692 and renamed HMS Royal William, rebuilt again in 1719, and rearmed to 84 guns and fitted as a guardship in 1790. She was broken up in 1813.
  • HMS Royal William was a 120-gun first rate launched in 1833. She was fitted with screw propulsion and rearmed to 72 guns in 1860, and became a training ship named Clarence in 1885. She was burnt by accident in 1899.

Back