New family member(s)

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Hallo my friends,
it is now appr. 1 year ago, when we lost our dog, a family member over years.

Some weeks later our new cat, called "Kitty" entered into our life. She was only two months old, when we got her from a farmer.
She is a typical country-cat, walking in and out, sometimes 36 hours walking around in the neighborhood, than she is coming home, eating and sleeping
and sometimes ask for some stroke when she needs it, but only as long she wants it.....Typical cat - and we love her, maybe because she is like she is.

IMG_2059.jpg

This Sunday I was driving to a litter in Slovakia and agreed there to buy us a new dog.
The young lady (female puppy) is now only 3 weeks old, still has no name, and just started to open a little bit the eyes........
and in 5 weeks we are able to pick her up for the first journey to Vienna.
So I will not get so much sleep during October, November,.......

So very good news........

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

So we are open for suggestions for her name ........
and
Do you recognize the breed?

I think it can be a border collie, name, it should be a name that is powerful and easy for the dog to hear when you call it. Heidi.

I think it can be a border collie, name, it should be a name that is powerful and easy for the dog to hear when you call it. Heidi.
Thanks for the reply.....and your suggestions.
Heidi - a real german name - a good idea, I will keep it in mind
Border Collie - No - it is a different breed

How big she will be when grow? As for the name, I would call her Blondie (given the fact that is is white color)
Blondie would fit
She will be a smaller medium size - appr. 45 cm und 13 kg - so I hope, that I will be still the alpha (not in the family, but for the dog ;) )

...hmm, then she might be a puddle or Portuguese water dog?
You are very close - BUUUUTTTTT
Never say to a waterdog, that he looks like a Poodle
Really very close - she is an Italian Waterdog, or Lagotto Romagnolo
Really I thought, that it will take much longer

Later on she will look somehow like this one

csm_caratteristiche_lagotto_romagnolo_1_ef9a3c256e.jpg

The Lagotto can have different colours
image.jpg

But never ever - really never call her poodle
The breed likes mud, forest, dirt, Water - and very much truffles -> still very often used for searching truffles, the breed seems to be better than the pigs

I will try to teach her later, to find lost parts of my ship, when a small piece was falling down from the workbench - I will try

But never call her poodle :eek:

Sorry my friend, I just couldn't imagine to hurt someone's filling by calling a water dog a poodle! :( Sorry, that was not intentionally.:)
maybe we should christian our dog with the name "POODLE"

For members interested in dogs, this page can be of some interest, where you can find some descriptions about this dog (it is not our breeder)

Even though the purists of the breed may consider this statement a heresy, to define a Lagotto and to explain to a newbie how is this dog as a family dog, he is often compared to a poodle, but a much more sturdy one. It’s strange to think that the Italian dog breeding community and public have to draw examples from poodle, a dog that certainly is not Italian to describe an Italian breed, but never mind. However, this comparison, though rather tricky, is not without a reason.

Lagotto is a medium-small dog, just like a poodle. Both share a similar coat, sharp intelligence and training abilities, and even have the same ancestors – the French Barbet. But the similarieties end here.

Lagotto is a sturdy, strong, “true” dog, that fits perfectly the modern everyday life, very sociable and social. His owner will come to benefit the joys of having a playful dog that won’t destruct his house, but will be more than ready to unload his energies during playtime with other dogs in the city parks, at the seaside, on the river, in the mountains, always at the side of his master. Don’t forget that lagotto is a water dog that loves this element, and won’t hesitate taking a swim in the cool wet if possible.

Today I got some new photos from the breeder with our smally - still we have no name for her, but this will come

69605978_2459869030925514_2082073018363805696_n.jpg

69858612_423589434936398_5671497472485097472_n1.jpg

95% of the day they are still sleeping, 4% drinking and 1% piing - WOW - it is like holidays !!!!

JUST SO CUTE, THEY ARE WONDERFUL, SOMETHING ABOUT ANIMALS AS PETS DOGS AND CATS, THEY DEPEND ON YOU LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN THEY NEED YOU AS PUPPIES AND AS THEY GROW OLD, AND THEY DEDICATE THEMSELVES WITH UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Don

JUST SO CUTE, THEY ARE WONDERFUL, SOMETHING ABOUT ANIMALS AS PETS DOGS AND CATS, THEY DEPEND ON YOU LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN THEY NEED YOU AS PUPPIES AND AS THEY GROW OLD, AND THEY DEDICATE THEMSELVES WITH UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Don
Well said, Don!

Time is running - and it is only 10 days more, so I can pick up our new family member in Slovakia. (I got actual photos of our puppy from the breeder)

BTW: Her official name Radiva baby Vanda - and we will call her "VANDA" - still I like the "Heidi" also, but my wife likes the John Cleese film A Fish Called Wanda very much

May I introduce the little lady

70960511_2429734910680800_3220327364273635328_n (1)11.jpg

71571482_561988991214707_1404598298865565696_n.jpg

Back