New from Portugal

Hi all, I´m John, almost 70, Dutch and living in Portugal for over 20 years. My first build was the Cutty Sark by BB. That one was destroyed when I was moving house. The second one, some 15 years ago, was the Smit Rotterdam, also a Billing Boats item. It was 70% finished when my business took all my time. It stood in a corner for 10 years, gathering humidity and dust. I gave it away. Four years ago I started on the BB Bluenose. With the hull completed I set it aside to restart my hobby of 50 years ago: restoring Dinky Toys. Now I´ve got more time, I went on with the Bluenose. It´s now 99% finished and I´m looking for another adventure. I would like to buy the AL Cutty Sark. That´s how I got on this website, looking for tips and ways to avoid disappointment. I´m sure I can learn a lot of you guys. Happy building you all.

Great to have you onboard SOS! Welcome!

I went on with the Bluenose. It´s now 99% finished and I´m looking for another adventure. I would like to buy the AL Cutty Sark. That´s how I got on this website, looking for tips and ways to avoid disappointment. I´m sure I can learn a lot of you guys. Happy building you all.
The best way to involve in to the forum, is to start your one build log. It could be either BlueNose, (it doesn't really matter that you are near the completion), or... it could be your next project. What do you think? Below our extensive help library to start with.

Enjoy!

Welcome to SOS John, I also started with Cutty Sark by BB, stopped completely when I came to blocks and hoists of plastic.
Good luck with your future projects,

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hallo John, alias @joport ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake
Sorry, we have no 70 candles on the cake

Hi all, I´m John, almost 70, Dutch and living in Portugal for over 20 years. My first build was the Cutty Sark by BB. That one was destroyed when I was moving house. The second one, some 15 years ago, was the Smit Rotterdam, also a Billing Boats item. It was 70% finished when my business took all my time. It stood in a corner for 10 years, gathering humidity and dust. I gave it away. Four years ago I started on the BB Bluenose. With the hull completed I set it aside to restart my hobby of 50 years ago: restoring Dinky Toys. Now I´ve got more time, I went on with the Bluenose. It´s now 99% finished and I´m looking for another adventure. I would like to buy the AL Cutty Sark. That´s how I got on this website, looking for tips and ways to avoid disappointment. I´m sure I can learn a lot of you guys. Happy building you all.
Hallo John, alias @joport
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
already one year more - hope you are well

Back