Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

“It's a pity that we can't buy Winguntwings products now. Their airplanes are very good”

Meng have now released this kit of the Fokker DRi which was supposed to be Wingnut Wings next kit before they went bankrupt. At a very good price too.
Meng have been making the mould and parts for some of the Wingnuts kits.
64400650-AB07-4FC4-B540-5AF88A7E7646.jpeg

Soon the wait will be over, seem like getting wife pregnant and they waiting 9 months to see the package delivered.

But for quality of this kit, I can wait as long as needed until they are ready to ship.

It's not like I have an open birth in shipyard waiting for it right now!

Soon the wait will be over, seem like getting wife pregnant and they waiting 9 months to see the package delivered.

But for quality of this kit, I can wait as long as needed until they are ready to ship.

It's not like I have an open birth in shipyard waiting for it right now!
Only difference is you’ll get a kit instead of a kid ;-)

Sorry Zoly I am not the swiftest computer person. What I wanted to ask was has anybody found a miracle solution to remove the black char . I find it hard to remove it from a normal piece but here I see hundreds of little areas to be cleaned ???
I have had some luck using oxi clean, let it sit for a few minutes than use the dremel to remove , but this is a different animal all together.

WHAT I DO AND THIS IS JUST ME, ON THINGS LIKE THIS I DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE CHAR I TRY TO INCORPARATE IT INTO THE MODEL ITSELF. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE DON

I am very interested in how you actually built the frames ... I already tried on a different model with these "stacked futtocks" and had a very hard time to align them to get the correct shape ... full double frames or simple scarfed frames had been much easier to build for me ...
What glue did you use on the stacked frames?

Check this out Submarinerblue. Excellent read, and clear some shades.

A fast scan did not to my eye included the Viking Sun Compass. . . different than the stone indicating the sun's location on an overcast day. It was a wooden device with a gnomon and lines for different parts of the year casting a shadow for latitude which worked very well for them sailing across the latitudes to Iceland and later Greenland and back. Must have been developed over decades of trial and error correction from some unknown starting point of recognizing the nature of shadows cast by tall objects other than just a chronometer sun dial. PT-2

Back