Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

@zoly99sask OK, That is what I thought and that is exactly what I do not understand. Surely, Zoly, - surely if you spend all this time designing a kit, building a prototype, and announcing its imminent introduction to the market - the FIRST thing you do - well BEFORE any of the others - is obtain the necessary permission?

@Heinrich It is simple and at the same time it is difficult to understand, So...if you want to build a model for yourself (only), or give it as the gift, you don't have to obtain a license. Purchased monograph and\or plans from ANCRE permit you to build a model for your own.
However, if you want to produce a kit for the purpose of revenues you have to obtain an exclusive license from the publisher in order to sell kits,

Hi Hedley,
A SABLE is someone who has a :-
Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
Modellers in all disciplines seem very prone to it, but perhaps boat modellers more than most, as they take such a long time to build properly!
Regards

Ted
If you need to thin your accumulation down, I am sure someone on these forums would be willing to fatten your wallet for the right model and price.

Jim , I understand completly but the question HEINRICH and i are asking as of the beginning of this thread and conversations between all parties with UWE acting as intermediary, I THOUGHT THAT THE AGREEMENT WAS REACHED BETWEEN ANCRE AND CAF MODELS i ask the same question as HEINRICH why put at all the upfront costs an a prototype without an AGREEMENT, only UWE AT THIS TIME CAN EXPLAIN. Don

CAF said at the beginning of this thread that this was a new kit under development expected to be available in July or August. This is only April. There is no list, there is no kit yet ready for sale. Perhaps we should all just wait until July or August and see what happens.

@Jimsky Hi Jim. I get that, but in CAF's case the intention was surely to produce a kit - in which case permission would have been the first hurdle to clear.
First of all, do you know the difference between Le coureur and coureur
If you don't know their differences, you can buy an original drawing, compare their details, and then discuss the relevant issues
Of course, our other products related to Ancre have stopped selling and are waiting for Ancre's agreement
As for whether coureur needs permission from Ancre, This is my business with Ancre

Gents we only should encourage Tom to get this official approval from the owner of the drawings.
This is how the bussines will mature and bring even better kits in the future.
Already looking forward to a POF St Philippe scale 1:48. :)

Gents we only should encourage Tom to get this official approval from the owner of the drawings.
This is how the bussines will mature and bring even better kits in the future.
Already looking forward to a POF St Philippe scale 1:48. :)
Thank you very much.
I use the original drawing of hull, which is different from the Le coureur published by Ancre, and they are the difference between POF and POB
The content of fan will involve the copyright of Ancre,
In the product, I will provide materials for making sails, but I will not provide drawings for sails. If you are interested in making sails, you can buy Ancre's monograph. You can not only get detailed drawings, but also understand the history of the ship,This is a very interesting thing.
We will negotiate with Ancre to deal with the copyright of this part. If we get permission, we will issue an announcement.

Thank you very much. I use the original drawing of hull, which is different from the Le coureur published by Ancre, and they are the difference between POF and POB The content of fan will involve the copyright of Ancre, In the product, I will provide materials for making sails, but I will not provide drawings for sails. If you are interested in making sails, you can buy Ancre's monograph. You can not only get detailed drawings, but also understand the history of the ship,This is a very interesting thing. We will negotiate with Ancre to deal with the copyright of this part. If we get permission, we will issue an announcement.

Thank you Tom for the information. Do you have any update on your progress with the ANCRE negotiations?

Last edited:
Thank you Tom for the information. Do you have any update on your progress with the ANCRE negotiations?
Thank you very much. I always keep in touch with Ancre publishing house and exchange views with each other.
We are very looking forward to obtaining Ancre's license, but affected by the epidemic, everything seems to be slow, but we will still wait for the license to be obtained before selling related products

I think we should not be putting pressure on Tom, and let him sort his business dealings. I'm sure he will announce when the kit is available.
Thank you very much.
I have been working. I think only by doing my job well can I succeed.
But it's clear that some colleagues from China don't understand that.

Tom that is unfair.
I am one of the advocates of CAF and ZHL on this forum and always encourage interested parties to deal directly with either you or Max. (The only reason I don't mention Trident is because I have no knowledge of them.) I am the first to wish you everything of the best with the this kit. I am not interested in this model, but am looking very closely at Salamandre. I said from the outset that I did not understand the situation and asked for clarification.
Kind regards - Heinrich

Hi Heinrich
I started to make Le coureur in May last year. It took me four months from drawing to building 3D model, and I was originally referring to Ancre's monograph. Of course, the plan of Ancre is POB, but I built POF, which is a completely different model. And Ancre rear windows and decks have a very strange structure, which many friends and I have studied. I've looked for a lot of information. I found his original design in an old plan, and it contains internal structure. So I need to draw again and start making 3D model again. It took me half a year.
But for my work ,For you, it's a very easy sentence: "I don't know the situation.".
There is no function to close the contact of letters in SOS. If you really help me and a friend who has been working hard, you can write to me and use Chinese. I can understand Chinese completely.
But you didn't

Tom

Hi Tom
Thank you for the reply and for the explanation. You are correct that there is a lot lost in translation. No, I can't write to you in Chinese, but I can make a plan.
Regards - Heinrich

I'm not sure how this thread turned or is heading, but isn't how a company conducts its business and produces it's kits and obtains it's copy-write permissions that companies business and not ours?
How Tom has provided a price and lead time has nothing to do with us and maybe we should restrict our comments to the updates and downloads CAF is kindly providing us with.

I'm not sure how this thread turned or is heading, but isn't how a company conducts its business and produces it's kits and obtains it's copy-write permissions that companies business and not ours?
How Tom has provided a price and lead time has nothing to do with us and maybe we should restrict our comments to the updates and downloads CAF is kindly providing us with.
I Agree,lets focus on the kit itself and the updates.

Back