Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

it sure is good project while i am staying inside for the duration or until vacine is ready to old to many health issues to be mingling, will just put my hair in a pony tail LOL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

Hi Tom,can you make a list please what is included exactly in the kit ,just for the members to know,avoiding future confusion

Last edited:
Would this kit be suitable for a novice builder who has never done plank on frame before? Also, is the instruction style similar to the Enterprise kit?
I spent a lot of time designing a good shipway for coureur, and all the complicated parts are processed by CNC, which makes this product easier to build
But it is undeniable that the particularity of his rib cannot be changed. We must correct every tooth on the rib accurately, polish off the carbon black, and make the slope according to the grinding line.These jobs are difficult for beginners.
We will develop a more suitable kit for beginners after the completion of coureur, and hope to get your continued attention

Hi Tom, what material are the frames made of, i intend to do as a POF with maybe 3 or 4 planks each side want to show the joinery on this one, is that possible. GOD BLESS BE SAFE Don

A couple of more questions IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO GO MY PATH WITH THE EXPOSED FRAMES, AND IS IT WORTHWHILE TO GET THE ANCRE MONOGRAPH OR ARE THERE THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE THAT THE MONOGRAPH WOULD BE A WASTE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

A couple of more questions IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO GO MY PATH WITH THE EXPOSED FRAMES, AND IS IT WORTHWHILE TO GET THE ANCRE MONOGRAPH OR ARE THERE THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE THAT THE MONOGRAPH WOULD BE A WASTE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don
Hallo Don,
what do you mean with "your path with exposed frames"?
This kit will be a POF model, so when ever you do not plank completely or parts of the external planking the frames will be visible..... Usually 99% of the modeler of POF are making the models minimum partly un-planked
I have the Planset made by Jean Boudriot and Hubert Berti and will make in the next one or two weeks a planset review, so you can see the content.
Definitely this monograph is an older one and has only 7 drawing sheets. But also because of this the planset is relatively cheap.
Related to your question: Nobody can tell you in moment the content and quality of the drawings of the kit, so nobody can tell you in moment, if it is worth to order the ancre monograph.
Due to the fact, that the french Le Coureur was captured by the british, there are also two drawings available at the NMM, but this we discussed already some posts earlier. These english drawings are showing the Coureur after the english modifications
Keep care my friend

and
I think this is the stove and the often on french ship usual bread oven?
The execution is very good - especially the brickwork is looking very realistic - I guess it is real clay bricks, or?
Will these details also part of the kit content, or are these elements necessary kit bashings? Or do you plan to make some add-ons on the basic kit?

...But it is undeniable that the particularity of his rib cannot be changed. We must correct every tooth on the rib accurately, polish off the carbon black, and make the slope according to the grinding line.These jobs are difficult for beginners. We will develop a more suitable kit for beginners after the completion of coureur, and hope to get your continued attention

Thank you for the feedback, it is such a beautiful build; I think it would probably be wise for me to wait and see what you come up with next so I don't get in over my head.

Hallo Don
Ancre's monograph is worth collecting. There are a lot of historical contents in the monograph
When you sit on the sofa, look up and see the Le coureur on the fireplace, then have a cup of coffee, and then look at the history of Ancre's monograph, you will be brought into the history of 1776 in an instant

and

I think this is the stove and the often on french ship usual bread oven?
The execution is very good - especially the brickwork is looking very realistic - I guess it is real clay bricks, or?
Will these details also part of the kit content, or are these elements necessary kit bashings? Or do you plan to make some add-ons on the basic kit?
Hi Uwek
The interior of the toaster is made of clay brick, which will be provided in KIT
He also has a stove in the captain's room, which should be used for heating

THANK YOU UWE AS ALWAYS A GREAT EXPLANATION WILL WAIT FOR COMMENTS ABOUT THE ANCRE MONOGRAPH AND WILL FOLLOW YOUR EXPERT OPION, GOD BLESS MY FRIEND STAY SAFE Don

Hi Uwek
The interior of the toaster is made of clay brick, which will be provided in KIT
He also has a stove in the captain's room, which should be used for heating
Being the ships Captain does have its advantages, personnel cabin heater....but no air conditioning

OH ZOLY WHEN YOU MENTION CHCOLATE CAK OR OTHERWISE THAT REALLY SETS ME IN A TAIL SPIN, I AM A CHCALOT FREAK ANY KIND OF CHCOLATE BUT THE WONDERFUL Dr. TOOK THAT AWAY FROM ME ALMOST 8 YEARS AGO,a my othr Dr. took away my CHINESE FOD AT THE SAME TIME LOL it is whyat it is ENJOY AT MY EXPENCE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

Back