Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

Whilst I still have some money in these difficult times, it’s an easy decision for me. I will buy both Alert and Coureur. I will get in now just in case things get worse. Investment and retirement funds losing value and the black curse of hyper inflation are a real possibility.

Jim
U R right, just shows my age.....At least I haven't used cassettes, reel tape, LP vinyl records or 8 track tapes for a long time. Although I still really like CD's and DVD's, you'l be proud to know that I had all my CD music library (over 500 discs) digitized last year. It all fits in a thumb-drive...I guess that's progress.. However, I still prefer to read printed books !.....What's LOL ?
Alex R

数码化保存的音乐和CD保存的音乐,听还是还是有区别的,前几年流行过纯数码的音乐,不过需要专门的解码器来演绎。可惜很多早期的CD同时没有有价值的数码化
在过去的几年中,纯数字音乐很流行,但是它需要特殊的解码器才能执行。不幸的是,许多早期的CD没有选择性。的数字化

There is still a difference in the sense of hearing between digitally saved music and CD saved music. In the past few years, pure digital music has been popular, but it requires a special decoder to perform. Unfortunately, many early CDs did not have high-quality digitalization

She is looking very good with the started masts and the permanent rigging - I like the complete appearance of these lugger with the extreme big sail area.
Do you have also a view of the complete ship with the masts? With mast tops - already installed?
coureur12a.jpg
The hull is relatively small, but fully rigged the model is getting close to 1 meter length and 65cm high - a very impressive "small" ship
Unbenannt.JPG

I have also another question, which came up during once more browsing through this topic:

I guess, that the planking of the ships boat is made with laser cut prepared planking.....
but what is about the planking of hull and deck?

I found this photo in your older post and did not realize it at the time you posted it
63.jpg

planking deck.JPG

planking hull.JPG
On the top we can see the planking of the deck and the darker cherry wood are the planking for the hull, or?

My questions now
1) is my interpretation correct, that the hull planking of the ship is also done with pre-cut planks?
2) I am not sure, but it is looking like, that also the deck planking (which sort of wood is this?) are also separated planks or, so not one complete board with the complete planking but single separate planks (with the necessary curve etc.)

62.jpg 72.jpg

I think to realize, that you made on your model some caulking, or?
69.JPG

Very good results - I hope, that my interpretations are correct...... ?!?

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 16
Now thats beginning to look good. Glad I ordered when I did!
Uwe,For a small boat It would certainly look impressive fully rigged with those dimensions.

Any idea re boxwood upgrade costs yet. (no pressure intended)

Back