new kit or relaunch Billing Boat

Have they improved the quality of the materials??
i thonk they are mainly re-launch
Is this a world wide release or just in Spain ?
It could be a general Worldwide launch, but it could be Denmark 1TH. Spain is nearly out with Billing. OCCRE has the main market, Anyhow I just saw this info last week. I was born in Denmark and started about 1960 with Billing -there were at that time no others. For two years I was working late 60Th in the neighbour town to Billing Boats, and as such has contact with Erling Billing and his son Kennet.

Thank you for your interesting reply, I have built several Billing's kits in the past and found them to be well made and enjoyed them very much. I will take a look at what new they have to offer as I am about finished my present project. (Mamoli's La Glorie)

Thank you for your interesting reply, I have built several Billing's kits in the past and found them to be well made and enjoyed them very much. I will take a look at what new they have to offer as I am about finished my present project. (Mamoli's La Glorie)
Maybe you show us your actual project with one or two photos (or even more) in this topic?

Will, I started with Billing Boat neatly from the Start. Was a time working in a neighbored town to Billing.. There was nothing else at that time -at least in Denmark. In the beginning the Fishing Cutters- about half out to the waste -as there was no more info. then what you got from the Kits Apart from I knew the Family and their products at that time, I do not have your enthusiasms. The Kits -to me are in the lower range- price, quality and instruction. I am Danish of Origen but has now been living in Spain for 45 Years. Spain is a Meca, what shipbuilding from kit concern. The are several Big shops selling nearly all types of Kit -except ONE, who will NOT sell Billing boats. I have over time build 3x Norske Lowe, of which the last one, was frankly speaking only the Laser cut parts- I have built about 50 Years with about 35 Models, where only Coast boat Bent is still surviving (in a Museum)
I am now about 80 years now, and not building anymore, but have made a database of I do not know how many thousands, build logs
The Picture attached is from 1974 with my wife and nearly 1 years daughter, On top of the Bookshelf, is what is today known as NORDKAP and Cutty Sark

Attachments

• 42-SKJULHOJ.jpg
    42-SKJULHOJ.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 18

Of my build from Billing Boat,
here are some: Dana, Mary ANN, Krabbencutter, Lila Dan, Norske love x3, Nordkap. but since I came to Spain in 1978, I changed mostly to OCCRE, Artesania Latina (Does not exist anymore, Construkto. The OCCRE Models are what I called in the Middle class. El Montañes price about 450€ -both price, instruction and materials- the 200 € are worse.
I am pretty sure -apart from the Fishing Cutter and the others kits like Rotterdam are well done, but coming to Sailship they are bad. I am pretty sure, that many builders of wood pay 2-300 € more for better quality and instruction material. sorry to say that as Dane and knew the family.

Attachments

• NORSKE LOVE.jpg
    NORSKE LOVE.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2020-06-18 (2).jpg
    2020-06-18 (2).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 19
  • Imagen.jpg
    Imagen.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 19
That's good to know about BB I was considering them for my next build. Previously I built the cutter Alert from a Vanguard Models kit (see pic), so might try them again as their build quality seems very good, although quite expensive. Once again thank you for your advice.alert n5 jpg.jpg

well, done sailor.
Yes, a little bit more money can do wonders. you get what you pay for. SINCE I CAME TO SPAIN, I MAINLY BUILD THE middle class - mainly Occre
The high prices I never used -800-1200 €

El Capi you have been both helpful and interesting I'll be sure to let you know what I choose to build next. Thank you again, keep well. Jack

Back