New kits and kit developments

Hi Frank,

Taobao is the a kind of Chinese ebay, all the traders on the site are different. But al lot of these are models are linked to taobao from the 4h site.
I guess prices on taibao are local chinese price level were ZHL is listing export prices.
Hopefully there is somebody with taobao experience. For this usd 125 I can always take the risk.

Regs Maarten

There is sites that will allow for shopping on taobao and fix the shipping for us. I found the royal caroline for around 800 dollars. 1000 yen extra for masts and rigging and 200yen for the cabin lightning system. This is very much cheaper even with shipping included than from zhl/ebay/aliexpress, wich sell for 1700dollars I took a screenshot from the find.
Its the pear wood version.

Screenshot_20180206-152823.jpg

Hi Frank,

The difference in price is mainly the pearwood vs the boxwood. If you order directly via Max at woodmodelshipbuilder.com you pay less then via some ebay sites.

I just found out that my kit of La Salamandre is missing two carvings and I have duplicate sets of rib sheets 21-25 but missing sheets 6-10. I have contacted Max for replacements. If buying from Taobao or Aliexpress who does one go to for replacements? Just not worth the risk to save a few $$.

26F6B4AC-738B-4F16-913B-E7C2DA0BAFA0.jpeg

Yes after adding boxwood option and mast/rigging led i see the price is around the same as directly from zhl. I also ordered my black pearl from max.

Recently i burnt all the smt leds on the upper deck when testing the lights. Max sent me new ones asap for free as a service. So, yes ordering from Max is a very good experience and i will continue too do so if my wife gives me the green light to buy another model. Right now i have too big of a backlog and i will get hanged if i dare buy another one before i finish some of the ones i have :)

Yes after adding boxwood option and mast/rigging led i see the price is around the same as directly from zhl. I also ordered my black pearl from max.

Recently i burnt all the smt leds on the upper deck when testing the lights. Max sent me new ones asap for free as a service. So, yes ordering from Max is a very good experience and i will continue too do so if my wife gives me the green light to buy another model. Right now i have too big of a backlog and i will get hanged if i dare buy another one before i finish some of the ones i have :)

G'day Frank
I havta agree with you 100 percent. Dealing with Max, is not only buying the kit, but you also get the fantastic after sales service from him. That is one of the reason why I urge all of our member yo buy from Max, than getting it from eBay, where's there is no after sales service at all.
Beside Max does all the R and D on these kits which takes him years and years. The kits are manufactured at another company, and that is why there are exact versions from a multitude of sellers on the net.
GIVE THE DESIGNER OF THE KIT, THE PROPER DUE AND BUY FROM HIM.
Havagooday
Greg

I se this Ebay seller that sells a lot of Chinese stuff has a complete wood carving set for the VASA or WASA. There is no kit but also includes some plans to build in 1/48 scale. Does this means there might be a VASA kit coming soon? Potentially a fantastic model.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Swedish-Warship-Vasa-Scale-1-48-Carving-Pieces-Pear-Wood-Wood-Model-Ship-Kit/253414589012?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140107090050&meid=78521f15d70f4bbe83c6db7a6482d93a&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=253302247113&itm=253414589012&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

The carvings are realy looking good. I think, that there are several model builders around the world, which would build the Vasa in 1:48, but have no possibilities or experience in carving. I guess this set is especially for these modelers. A complete kit would be very expensive in addition (maybe in the range of 3.000 bucks), but who knows

I have been looking a lot on the 4h model site lately and they offer this vasa set in 1:48 and 1:72. I don't know if the link works but see below. Ps carving in picture 10 & 12 are Royal Caroline carvings, seems there will be coming a full ribs verzion of this as some rumours mention on the 4h model site.

http://www.4hmodel.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=233&mobile=2

Back