New Member: Berkshire, UK

Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I am delighted to have joined this forum, having spent some time finding some very useful information and build logs on here. I live in Berkshire in the South of the UK.
I have been building models for many years covering a variety of disciplines from plastic aircraft/boats, radio controlled cars, radio controlled aircraft (sport and scale models) and I would like to move into building scale model ships as well now.

I have yet to start on the scale ships but am looking forward to many hours of interest, delight, frustration (with a few choice words) and hopefully eventually that great sense of achievement and satisfaction.

I have a wide range of modelling (and wood-working) skills honed over 35+ years of model making but am always trying to learn new ideas and techniques - especially when it comes to getting scale details right. I am sure there will be absolutely loads I can learn from you good people in what will be new territory for me!

Anyway, I will be sure to post details here when my projects get off the ideas board and under way but in the meantime, thank you for letting me join your community, and I will be sure to have a good look around the forums for ideas and inspiration!

Welcome B-17 Flyboy, what is your interest in the Fortress? I have had a few time when I got to climb inside one on display.

Welcome to the forums Patrick !
I too was wondering about your forum handle of "B17Flyboy". Are you an enthusiast, or do you have something to do with actually keeping one like "Sally B" in the air? :) I have been a WW II aviation enthusiast for as long as I have been able to look up and see planes. :)
You will get plenty of help in these forums. It is a great bunch of people that are always glad to help.

Enjoy!

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I am delighted to have joined this forum, having spent some time finding some very useful information and build logs on here. I live in Berkshire in the South of the UK.
I have been building models for many years covering a variety of disciplines from plastic aircraft/boats, radio controlled cars, radio controlled aircraft (sport and scale models) and I would like to move into building scale model ships as well now.

I have yet to start on the scale ships but am looking forward to many hours of interest, delight, frustration (with a few choice words) and hopefully eventually that great sense of achievement and satisfaction.

I have a wide range of modelling (and wood-working) skills honed over 35+ years of model making but am always trying to learn new ideas and techniques - especially when it comes to getting scale details right. I am sure there will be absolutely loads I can learn from you good people in what will be new territory for me!

Anyway, I will be sure to post details here when my projects get off the ideas board and under way but in the meantime, thank you for letting me join your community, and I will be sure to have a good look around the forums for ideas and inspiration!
flyboy:
Welcome aboard and looking forward to see your models.

Hello all,

Hallo @b17flyboy
we wish you all the BEST a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back