New Member Bill McCracken Macbass

I would like to build a cross section of the USS Constution and have a problem taking a picture and making it the size of the model. How do you do this. I have Auto Cad and can scale to a know size any picture of a plan?
Thank you
Bill

Yes I can take jpg in to cad and if I know the dim. of something in the picture I can scale the picture to that size. I hope I am making logic.
In other words if the scale in the picture is 1/48 then I need to know one dim. and I can make the drawing full size for a 1/48 scale model.

Convert the picture to pdf and the you can use the measurement tool in adobe reader. PDF is perfect to print pictures in scale.
see attached file

Attachments

• cross section Constitution.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 8
Convert the picture to pdf and the you can use the measurement tool in adobe reader. PDF is perfect to print pictures in scale.
see attached file
I cannot convert to PDF I do not have the software to do that. Where did you get the dim. in red on your file?

The dim is build in in Adobe. Just download the free Adobe reader and install it. When you rightclick on your picture you see convert to pdf. In pdf under tools you find yout measurement tool

if all you wnt to do is scale the JPEG. image i opened the file in Photoshp elements and measured the bulkheas (blue lines) the rule along the top the bulkhead is 3 3/8. To change the size click the image menu then size image and give it the size you want

co1a.jpg

to avoid the pixels you can bring the image into CAD and trace it then resize it
because the image is such a low resolution a bigger image will result in something looking like this. You have to start with a high resolution

co2.JPG

I would like to build a cross section of the USS Constution and have a problem taking a picture and making it the size of the model. How do you do this. I have Auto Cad and can scale to a know size any picture of a plan?
Thank you
Bill
Hallo Bill
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

Thank you
Bill
Hallo Bill alias @Macbass
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you
Bill
Hallo @Macbass
Birthday-Cake

Thank you
Bill
Hallo @Macbass
Birthday-Cake

Back