New Member from Colorado

Thanks for the welcoming message. I hope to learn a lot about building a wooden ship. I am retired and have been working up the courage to try this again. My first attempt back in the late 1960's was a failure. I lost interest. This time around there seems to be a lot of on line help and I now have more patience and time to see it through. I found this site by searching for a keel clamp and have already found many suggestions for building one.

I look forward to using the information provided by the professional members on this site. I recently purchased a kit for the America 1851. Perhaps it's too advanced for my expertise but I wanted to have a ship that required planking.

Welcome back to a great hobby Dman! You are absolutely correct about the help available and your chance of success is much higher today than it was in the 60’s ( I survived them too) just ask as many questions as necessary and be willing to re do stuff till you get it right and you will!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thanks for the welcoming message. I hope to learn a lot about building a wooden ship. I am retired and have been working up the courage to try this again. My first attempt back in the late 1960's was a failure. I lost interest. This time around there seems to be a lot of on line help and I now have more patience and time to see it through. I found this site by searching for a keel clamp and have already found many suggestions for building one.

I look forward to using the information provided by the professional members on this site. I recently purchased a kit for the America 1851. Perhaps it's too advanced for my expertise but I wanted to have a ship that required planking.
Hallo @Dman
we wish you all the BEST and belayed a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Dman
we wish you all the BEST and belayed a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Welcome to the forum, of which I am also a new member.

If you tried to build a kit in the 1960s you will be amazed at how much improved modern kits are. Good luck in your new adventure! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Back