New member from Draper, UT.

Hi everyone, my name is Ron Wilkinson and I live in Draper, UT. I enjoy building both wood and plastic and have been doing this for about 20 years. My current projects are Amati's Pinta, armed launch of 1803 (manufacture is escaping me) and a plastic model-Bronco's Chen Yuen. The Pinta isn't going to be the Pinta, but just a representation of a caravela. The armed launch is being converted from a lateen rig to a gaff rig. I really need to work on one project at a time.
Ron W.

Hello and Welcome Ron! Always nice to see a new member.

I'd love to see pics of your builds. Hope you decide to start build logs here.

I started an Armed Launch model a LONG time ago, but I tried to complicate it too much and never finished it. The parts are long since scattered about. The only kit I'm aware of is by Mantua/Panart. I think you're is the same one – 1803 reference, lateen rig. From what I recall it's a nice, very detailed model kit.

Clare

Thanks Clare. The launch is Mantua/Panart's. Converting the rig I have scratch building the spars, blocks, etc. I am pretty bad about doing pics and keeping notes :sad: , but maybe I will get better and post something.
Ron W.

:text-welcomewave: Ron to the group.....lots of info here and skilled builders....have fun and see ya round.

Rob

Nuff a that....... now you need to post some ship pics...or start a build log....are ask a question......or......

Rob :music-rockout: :banana-rock:

Hi everyone, my name is Ron Wilkinson and I live in Draper, UT. I enjoy building both wood and plastic and have been doing this for about 20 years. My current projects are Amati's Pinta, armed launch of 1803 (manufacture is escaping me) and a plastic model-Bronco's Chen Yuen. The Pinta isn't going to be the Pinta, but just a representation of a caravela. The armed launch is being converted from a lateen rig to a gaff rig. I really need to work on one project at a time.
Ron W.
Hallo Ron, alias @bushman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Ron W.
Realiced, that you are sometimes online.....
Birthday-Cake

Ron W.
You have this year also 10 years of membership in SOS
Birthday-Cake

Back