New Member from the UK.

Hello everybody.
I'm Dave, now resident in Gloucestershire, UK, born & bred in Yorkshire. I'm now retired after two careers! for the first part, I was an engineer officer in the Merchant Navy, travelling extensively on world wide routes - including 4 complete round-the-world trips. Ill health brought me ashore, and I became a design engineer, working for a UK company & then finally as Senior Design Engineer for a large German Company.
Modelmaking has always been one of my hobbies, my father made sailplanes & boats & even made the radio control units for them. I've tried most genres of models, from model engineering to plank on frame. Ships have been a subject I've returned to time and again and recently I've developed a taste for making seascapes, only comparatively small as yet. Plastic - wooden kits require too much of a commitment for me!
DSCF1434.JPG

This is the MikroMir Royal Navy Holland in 1/144. The sea is sculpted DAS modelling clay & the full hull sub was waterlined before attaching to the base.....................
I'm in the process of several builds - the Mirage HMS Spiraea in 1/350 & Dragon USS Arizona in 1/700.
Dave

Welcome aboard SOS, Dave! Great to have you with us! We are a curious bunch and would be glad if you show the progress of any of your current projects in the build log. how does it sound to you?

Welcome, Dave!
Given your predisposition to the seascapes, will you be doing the USS Arizona in situ---underwater?

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back